• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA Z87 FTW driver install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

I'm having some issue with this system so I'm doing a reinstall today.

However, I think part of my issues may have to do with drivers, and the one thing that was weird my first run through with this board was with ESATA.

When I would plug a drive into the ESATA cable, the system would blue screen. Then when brought back up would see the drive fine. You could also eject the drive with no problem.

The EVGA forums are down, so I can't search there right now. Any guides for the proper order/procedure for the drivers for this board?

EVGA forums work fine for me.

I don't know why the installation process would be at all different. I install chipset drivers, and GPU drivers, reboot, and install the rest as needed.

I have never heard of an 'order' to driver installations.

Well, it seems I'm doing something wrong still. When I plugged in a drive on the ESATA, it blue screened on me. I can get on the EVGA forums again, so I'll ask there.

Does the device work in a different PC? I wonder if the device is borked and causing it.

This has happened with at least 3 different drives that all worked in other computers before and after plugging them into the ESATA port.

Back