• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA's-Vid cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Horrerblade

This really inst a rant per say but does it bother any one that evga doesn't do any non-reference cards? (I know they have cards like the signature with a non-blower cooler) But like other then there hydrocooler they have like nothing i just with they had a custom solution something like the tf series or the direct cu.

Then don't buy them LOL... I bought the GTX 680 Sig II and the cooler is a complete rip off joke piece of junk. That being said it had some of the highest clocks out there.

I returned it on amazon no restock fee and got a 670 directcuII. It is silent and although doesn't OC worth a crap and therefore a lot slower than the sig II I had I am happy that it is silent. I have WC setup that makes almost no noise at all so the noise is important to me.

EVGA is not my cup of tea this year.

I'll have to agree that my two FTWs sound like mini jet engines while they are folding. I would love to have the money to go to a full WC setup

EVGA has the Classified series cards with a giant blower fan that are supposedly very high clocking cards.

In general though, EVGA doesn't have the best products out, per say. They do have one of the best, if not the single best customer service department in the GPU industry though.

EVGA does make non-reference.
The Classified cards are non-reference and far, far, far, far more beastly than reference.
Most of their line is reference with new stickers or new fans or new clocks or something, which I find annoying as well.

Their customer service and warranty is top notch.

Has anyone seen the Sig 2? That is the card I had. It was not a blower fan it was a dual fan that looked like a cheap version of a Twin Frozr or DirectCUII. Yet it was designed poorly. Both fans are not blowing onto a large heatsink like a Twin Frozr or DirectCUII and they are very loud. So even after paying extra for a non reference cooler it barely reduced the temp and noise level.

They did it to fool people into thinking they where getting a better cooling system. I think that is bad and evil.

Back