• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

exhaust fan redirect?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skooterking5

ok basically on my coolmaster case i have in the back a 120mm fan for my exhaust and the other fan is on top for exhaust (2nd fan not relative for this). anyway, the hot air just comes straight out of my computer and hits the wall and stays in my room and my room gets very hot without any other fans on in here. is there an attachment that i can buy that will maybe make my hot exhaust from the case make atleast a 90 degree turn this way i can aim it toward the door or away from me?

Some kind of shroud would do it, though I havent seen any that mount externally to redirect the air.

even something i could somewhat rig up would be fine....as long as its easy to remove and put back on for cleaning ect. maybe a grill with a certain pattern cut out to aim the air a certain direction?

i was hoping for a little more sophisticated solution than that but i dont see why not.

I have been looking since you created this thread and cant find anything more 'sophisticated'. Sorry.

You should try and use the exhaust fitting that they use in portable ac it is bendable to all different angles, it is shaped like a circle.

How about a 90 deg PVC pipe elbow... and if your really want to tell where the air to go you can ad a dryer hose and point it out the wind.. but watch how tight of turns you have as that will restrict air flow

Last edited:
LOL a matching 120mm PVC pipe wont restrict airflow... at least more than a negligible amount.

well it's not the most congenial or attractive solution but i'll propose it anyway: you could run down to your local hardware store & grab a chunk of flexible dryer vent duct, and just tape it around the chassis of your computer around your exhaust fan. Those things are close to 120mm (about 3" diameter) and flexible. There's a whole bunch of other flexible pipes you can use out there too, just gotta spend a few minutes perusing the aisles at your hardware store :D

Those might be a little overkill though...someone notify the benching team? :D

On a more serious note, +1 to the dryer vent duct, a lot of people use that stuff for internal ducting in a computer as well.

Back