• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Externally cooling with aio on alienware r11

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

treepop

So. Im thinking of cooling the rig in my signature (alienware r11 i9-1900kf and 3080) with a kraken x73.

My plan is to remove the top and have the kraken lay on top. Well sorta. I was thinking of somehow mounting it to my computer with this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083S4GG3...abc_7WTXP6AKWEGZ9JH5WP3F?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

This way I can use an aio and not really worry about disconnecting and reconnecting pipes.

Thoughts?

My main concern is 1. It looks janky. 2. It doesnÂ’t mount cleanly and is dangerous.

Scrap the jenky alienware chassis is my thought. Then, build in a 'normal' chassis that supports the hardware you're putting into it. :)

.... that is, unless that alienware has some proprietary size things in it........ :shrug:

I would have to replace the motherboard, case, and power supply :(....I'm just trying to get some more decent cooling without breaking the bank.

I just came across this...I really want it now :)

Oof, prebuilds FTL.

Anyway, yeah, it will work fine as you described. Please post some pics up! :)

That said, I vaguely recall you not being able to overclock on this thing or make many (any?) adjustments for overclocking... so, why bother with a fancy AIO?

Overclocking works fine. I just couldnÂ’t get the stupid cpu to function as designed stock. All cores have to be the same speed. It doesnÂ’t clock up and down based on load. But I can overclock all the cores to 5ghz pretty easy on stock cooling.

There isn't much more left in it. So long as you aren't expecting clock speed miracles... have at it! :)

Yeah. Im just wanting 5.1ghz, but more importantly I want to stay below 90c. As it sits, my computer is virtually a space heater.

Back