• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Extreme overclocking AMD10 7850K, AIR COOLERS.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dav78

Hello, I would like to do the extreme overclocking of AMD10 7850K with AIR COOLERS. My Cabinet Corsair Graphite 780T Full-Tower, has already installed three fans, I can install three more, so as to improve the ventilation. I would avoid the water cooling, because I know that it may cause a loss.

AIR COOLERS What do you recommend for the extreme overclocking of AMD10 7850K of ATX motherboard asrock fm2a88x Extreme6 +?
If we need to add fans in the AIR COOLERS to improve performance, you can tell me?

he did pick a fine board to clock on also, I have an a8 on that board, it's all he will need.

Wonder how these clock compared to FX?
They're not bad chips at all S/P I built a similar setup for my Dad about a year ago A10 7850k/GA-F2A88X-UP4 I overclocked it to 4.5 Ghz with a Cm 212+ for a daily Oc. It's slightly faster clock for clock then the Fx 8350 I have. Though, does not Oc as well, take that with a grain of salt. I didn't really push it because it was for my dad and didn't want to really hit it with the volts.

They're not bad chips at all S/P I built a similar setup for my Dad about a year ago A10 7850k/GA-F2A88X-UP4 I overclocked it to 4.5 Ghz with a Cm 212+ for a daily Oc. It's slightly faster clock for clock then the Fx 8350 I have. Though, does not Oc as well, take that with a grain of salt. I didn't really push it because it was for my dad and didn't want to really hit it with the volts.

That's what I was wondering. If they OC like mad and the IPC is higher, I'd consider an APU rig...

I built one to passed it on to Tina. Clocks good to 4.5 with decent cooling I could have it stable I think at 4.7. Between my thinking and Johan my motherboard was holding it back a bit. I have benched a bit with it some benches like SPi it really likes others my fx will walk on it. Did one encode on it and it held its own compared to the fx surprisingly well even though my frames per min were down overall it didn't take much longer to complete then on my fx, less then 5 min. Nice chip but not sure I would call it a benching chip.

Back