• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Extreme passive cooling ... with a twist :p

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RnRollie

:clap:
Extreme passive cooling ... with a twist.

Handles +16000 BTU
With some skillz you can turn this into a "conversation piece" passive radiator.

http://www.diy.com/nav/rooms/radiat...tainless-Steel-H-270-x-W-50-x-D-50cm-10747503

Note , this is passive cooling,so dont expect miracles
Also, this is a "heating" rad; it will need some modding : forfait the heating element,put in some barbs.

The beauty is that the max size is almost 9 feet... so you can run your loop through the ceiling :)

Last edited:
Well now that's an interesting take on things. Pretty cool looking!
Wonder what the delta-T is when they're measuring BTUs.

I can just imagine the conversation in my house. Honey what is that metal thing standing in you office, oh it's the radiator that cools my computer, don't you like it? :D

imagine... each of those ss "steps" being replaced with an Alphacool XT45 180.2 where the out of previous rad is directly connected (sli variable length straight fitting) to the In of the next.

Ok, it would weight as much as professional quarterbacker; but just imagine the coolign performance :D

I can just imagine the conversation in my house. Honey what is that metal thing standing in you office, oh it's the radiator that cools my computer, don't you like it? :D

Im still looking around for a old truck Rad that I can mount to the wall and run passive .
I am very temped to mount my whole system to the wall .

:clap:
Extreme passive cooling ... with a twist.

Handles +16000 BTU
With some skillz you can turn this into a "conversation piece" passive radiator.

http://www.diy.com/nav/rooms/radiat...tainless-Steel-H-270-x-W-50-x-D-50cm-10747503

Note , this is passive cooling,so dont expect miracles
Also, this is a "heating" rad; it will need some modding : forfait the heating element,put in some barbs.

The beauty is that the max size is almost 9 feet... so you can run your loop through the ceiling :)

That is pretty cool. But isn't it just a fancy heater ??:shrug:

That is pretty cool. But isn't it just a fancy heater ??:shrug:

Yes, its a fancy heater. Which is why it needs to be modded. You dont insert the heating element which comes with it. Put in some barbs and circulate through it.

It IS just still a radiator, although a fancy looking one - beats an old truck rad for looks.

Now, if you could hang the whole chrome front section of a MACK or Kenworth on your wall THAT would be amazing looking also. :attn:

Im still looking around for a old truck Rad that I can mount to the wall and run passive .
I am very temped to mount my whole system to the wall .

Add the whole chromed front rad grill of a "classic" American truck (MAck, Kenworth, ...) also, and you've got a looker !

kenworth-w9001.jpg

Actually, blow up the above picture to life size proportions put it on a fake wall and have the rad sit behind the grille :)
If i had the place & space, thats what i would do :D

Last edited:
Back