• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

eyefiniti vs 3d

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NewbieBond

Registered
So I currently upgraded my motherboard due to the fact it was defective.:(
I went with the Asus Crosshair 4 formula (non Extreme). I currently am running a single N460gtx cyclone by msi on this board but I am curious should i or would it be in my best interest in switching to a ATI card. I was looking at the msi R5870 and R5850. I currently have two asus VH24H monitors, I was thinking of eyefiniti would be pretty neat. Would this be a good upgrade or will i even really notice (beside the eyefiniti). Plus will my motherboard run smoother with the Ati card(s).

Why would your motherboard run 'smoother' with an ATI card? It wont. It is what it is regardless what GPU is in there.

I mean really, its up to you. I doubt that 460 has enough oomph to run 2 1920x1080/1200 monitors so if thats your plan to run dual monitors and game, its best to upgrade be it to a GTX 470 (which is now $250) or a GTX480, or ATI 5850/5870.

From what I've seen first hand at the demo's, eyefinity is an impressive setup to sit down in front of. It's more immersive, and having some peripheral vision makes more of a difference in the experience than I expected. As for 3D, it looked pretty neat, but I'm not sure it was for me. Other people really like it and say its much more immersive also. I didn't spend much time looking at it, but my first impression was I prefer an easy to look at high detail 2D experience... But it might be something you would be into, so I'd recommend taking a look around and getting some first hand experience if you are considering 3D, before you purchase.

Back