• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H Spotlight #12

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TollhouseFrank

Senior Headphone Guru
This is the 12th in the series of T32 Spotlights! I'll continue to interview members when given a chance. The interviews will appear in a spotlight every now and then as long as the nominations keep coming in! For how to go about nominating a fellow folder, please go to THIS THREAD. To see the ever growing list of who has been interviewed and the expected date of the next spotlight, please go to THIS THREAD.

**note, some of the info in this interview is a bit old. IT was done late last novemeberish early decemberish... sorry i didn't get it up faster Charlie. If you need to update info, just lemme know and i'll add/append/fix the interview**

Today, we stand beneath the feet of genius. If there was ever someone who deserves to be called "Superman" just for his intelligence, then this man deserves it. His brain flies like a bird, is faster than a speeding bullet, and just for good measure, if it is out there to be known about F@H, he has it tucked away in his brain ready to whip out at a moment's notice. Though he is but an unassuming bystander to most of us, in my mind, he deserves a lot thanks just for his input and help he gives the team day in and day out.

Please welcome and give a big hearty cookie too....

Chasr

When did you join the Team?
10 MAY 04, turned in first WU 12 MAY 04

What is your EOC (extremeoverclockers) stats link?
Chasr

If there was something recent that you did that you wanted your fellow teammembers to know about, what would it be?
Sent Son #1 (he made a few posts on the forum as Big-P) off to Iraq with the 1-61 CAV, 101st Airborne on Thanksgiving weekend.

So where do ya happen to live at?
Northeast suburbs of Atlanta, GA, 10 miles from downtown. Native born Atlantan and son of Native born Atlantans.

How did you initially hear about F@H?
On the front page of overclockers.com. I saw protien folding just under Seti and decided to investigate.

After starting, why do you continue to Fold?
It's a fun (addictive) way to help humankind. I really like playing with the numbers, tweaking things to find out if it makes a difference. It's also atonement for my chosen occupation

atonement for your chosen occupation?

What do you do for a living?
I'm a raper of the earth, ...err I mean Builder and Developer

What do you do for fun?
Snow skiing, gaming, build things (computers, aquariums, furniture), drink Guinness

Is there anything special you do in your spare time that you really enjoy?
Participate in the OC Forums and the Stanford Forum. I'm the Chairman of the board of a 1700 member youth cosser association.

Time to spill your guts. What are the stats of your main folding rig?
Why is it your fave? What all do you use the rig for?
I can't say I've got a main rig that's the favorite. Sig Rig #2 is a file server and put's out the most ppd (680ppd on average), Sig Rig #3 is the one I use at work, Sig Rig #4 is the home gaming rig. 3 and 4 being AMDs have a highly variable output. Sig rig #1 is the wifes photo editing/email rig and makes ~575ppd on one instance of QMD. If I think about the price/performance ratio, #3 is tops.

Do you have a Borg-Farm? If so, how many computers, and what are they?
I've got somewhere near 64 rigs folding. 10 are clones of sig rig #3 running @ 2.4 GHz. About 10 are old slow rigs at my office that are being phased out. 6 or 7 are borgs that are controlled by rsahC (an infrequent poster and great friend), a microbiology professor at a local university. Many are Big P borgs and of course all my friends and family are folding for me. I've got one of most every kind imaginable except the new dual cores

What are your future goals? What do you most want to accomplish with
your life?
I've accomplished most of my goals. I want to get my kids through school and through the Army. Make enough money to retire before I'm 75.
Oh yes, best of luck to your son in the military!

If there is something you want to tell the team, then spill your guts! What have I missed in my questions that could help the team learn more about you and who you are?
Science first, points second.

And this week, we have something special! Chasr sent me a photo of him and his family. Hope ya'll enjoy, and remember to wish his son luck over in Iraq!

Attachments

• Chasr.jpg
    Chasr.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:
very cool :thup: Thanks chasr for all your posts here, always good data and tips.

p.s. you should ask people what their fav. cookie is, tollhouse ;)

When it comes to the numbers, ChasR is da man.

When ChasR speaks, everybody listens. (They're twits if they don't)

He's also one of our top 5 on T32.

Chas, I think everyone has said it all ... excprt maybe that a suitable rank over your avatar would be Professor (or Master!) of The Fold!.

I don't think anyone else is currently quoted here as often as you are :)

Thanks for being such a great T32 mentor to all of us. :thup:

And I wish your son especailly, but also you and you whole family great success (and luck).

A toast of the finest Irish :beer: :beer:

My Guinness is cooling on ice, I'm having to drink a Harp.

Thanks for the kind words.

Notice the black bag under my soldiers arm, FAH on the P-M in Baghdad. If he ever gets internet in his barracks, we can turn off the timeless tinkers and really fold on it.

:beer:

Nice to meet ya chasr....

I've learned tons from your posts, seen quite a few while searching the older threads. Many times I have just referred to your info because you know your stuff!!!

Fold On and best of luck to your son and you family....

:attn:

ChasR said:
My Guinness is cooling on ice, I'm having to drink a Harp.

Thanks for the kind words.

Notice the black bag under my soldiers arm, FAH on the P-M in Baghdad. If he ever gets internet in his barracks, we can turn off the timeless tinkers and really fold on it.

:beer:
Nice to meet you CHASR!

I'll have to let you know next time I'm in Atlanta. I'm always good for a few Pints! there's a bar on Peachtree ST right? :beer:

godofgorks said:
Nice to meet ya chasr....

I've learned tons from your posts, seen quite a few while searching the older threads. Many times I have just referred to your info because you know your stuff!!!

Fold On and best of luck to your son and you family....

:attn:

Basically exactly what i was going to say... you even got the "Fold on" part right! that's kinda creepy.

Anyway, it was good to get to know the man behind the name,
best of luck to you and your family!

Fold On! :attn:

Back