• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H stats in your sig: not just for Linux anymore!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My ExtremeOverclocking Folding ID isn't appearing. I tried searching XTTX, but it doesn't come up with anything. The DB already updated.

No, also just a question:
I am using EM3, what does the Protein # mean. For example, it says:
Protein: 393 p1130_L939_K12M_355k.
How do I tell how many point I am going to get. This WU is taking a long time too. At 100%:
Start: 9:36 PM 03/25/2005
Estimated Finish: 8:02 AM 03/27/2005

Edit: And how do you guys get a few hundred points per day, while it takes me a few days to get a few hundred.

XTTX said:
No, also just a question:
I am using EM3, what does the Protein # mean. For example, it says:
Protein: 393 p1130_L939_K12M_355k.
How do I tell how many point I am going to get. This WU is taking a long time too. At 100%:
Start: 9:36 PM 03/25/2005
Estimated Finish: 8:02 AM 03/27/2005

Edit: And how do you guys get a few hundred points per day, while it takes me a few days to get a few hundred.

OK you will have to finish a work unit befor your username and ID will appear.
Each protein has a number as a name.EM3 should show a number for the points you will get for finishing the wu.Like 343 or 245 or 600.Some wu's
can take several days to finish.So what you have there is normal.We get hundreds of points a day because we're folding with more than one cpu.

Your points output can be drastically affected by what flags you run on whatever F@H client you use. For example, enabling big packets can effectivly double your you point output.

If you want, PM me and Ill do what i can to answer any questions.

ok so i got the stats in my sig buy how do i get the second computer im folding on to show up as well......??

also it says 0 for clients yet the progress is updating gradually.....does this mean im getting credit or no???

Last edited:
You have to make the unitinfo.txt from your other box accessible to the one running sig_gen.pl. I do this by having the F@H daemon run in the dir where my web server lives, but you can also do it via Samba, NFS, CIFS or anything else that lets you access the file remotely.

Also, 0 processors means that you haven't turned in any WUs within the given timeframe (either 7 or 50 days). Once a client turns one in, it will show up.

Can the computer running the sig script (sig generator) access your 2nd computer on the network? If it can, then click on the "browse" buttons and navigate to your 2nd compy's unitinfo.txt file.

Can you just post the final code for windows? I cant seem to get it.

Udsername-Jack222
Stat URL-http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=Jack222

jack222 said:
Can you just post the final code for windows? I cant seem to get it.

Seems like you got mksig.pl to work, now you need a flavor of sig_gen.pl to complete things. Since your mksig is good to go, I would read up here on how to add your stats to a pre-made sig_gen.pl script. Then you can go the next step and customize the signature layout to your tastes. You'll get the best looking sig this way (making your own layout).

The other option is to download the GUI editor (see sig.) You won't be able to customize your layout, but if you're afraid of editing scripts, the GUI will ease the pain a bit.

Last edited:
question....

so i went back to using FAH console 3 txt version cause i was having problems with the one click remembering my username and so i wasnt getting my points....

so my question is....is there a way to setup the sig gen with this??? it runs perfect but i dont see any unitinfo.txt with this version

thanx in advance.....

I would continue to troubleshoot the v5.02 oneclick or the v5.03 console version of FAH. I wasn't aware that a v3 was still even available for download.

For these versions of the sig_gen.pl, having a unitinfo.txt file is mandatory, as the script will crash without it. If you really want it to work without unitinfo.txt, you could learn some basic scripting and cut the local unit tracking out. ;)

ya i cant check that file cause in my efforts to do a fresh install i erased it.....

all i knows is every time I would get a new WU my client file would all of a sudden blanked out and it would force me as anonymous....

i guess i'll try and trouble shoot this a lil more....maybe use a diff one click.....

Back