• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC SETI Team Signiture Stats Script!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
New version is up! :)

This version should fix the problem some of you have had with RPC not working. I haven't had many guinea pigs, but it appears to work now.

Quick and dirty changelog:
  • Fixed "Fix program to correctly get $result_project[][]" bug
  • Modified the portion of code which creates $project so that only one project is displayed (since BOINC only runs one project at a time)
  • Set the length of progbar percents to be 3 chars so that things are properly aligned
  • BoincStats modified layout yet again, SETI RAC, BOINC overall rank, and BOINC total credit now fixed
  • Included display of progress according to what is recieved form $boinc_usefile (if enabled)
  • Included logging of recieved XML to the files BOINC.xml and BOINCmodified.xml, containing straight-from-boinc and modifed-for-script versions of the XML respectively.
  • Hopeful layout fix for if/when a dual CPU machine only is running one result
  • Included a new layout function setWidthRight which acts as a "right-align" version of setWidth
  • Using the new setWidthRight I should have fixed a few layout problems for SETI/General stats
  • Added "PST" to the time printed out
  • HOPEFULLY fixed problem of RPC clients not sending full XML...
  • Included "No Work" indicator when a machine has no running results

JigPu

Updated again

Once more BOINCStats has modified the HTML they use to display the stats, thereby breaking everybody's sigs. I had this fixed a few days ago, but the code randomly "broke" again. It's fixed now, and hopefully BOINCStats dosen't decide to change their layout again any time soon...

• Made default sig display projects of BOTH processors again (sicne they can be different)
  • Added per-host RAC indicator
  • Fixed percentages to show 100% correctly, and aligned them for better viewing
  • BOINCStats layout changed AGAIN... Fixed to display credit
  • Changed method used to contact BOINCStats becuase of issues contacting .php pages

Since this is a new version, please remember to change the variables located at the top of the program to reflect your own data (instead of mine ;))

JigPu

Time for another update I guess :D

This one brings in only one feature, but since it's one that's absolutely required for connecting to a version 5 client (using a password to connect to the client), I figure it's enough to bump up another "major" version. I also forgot to post the features of the last version, so to keep things on track, here are all the new features from the last post:

• Changed code to connect to clients -- shouldn't freeze when BOINC denies the RPC request
  • Fixed a spelling error
  • (Hopefully) Final change to BOINCstats code -- Webmaster has provided an XML based mechanism =)
  • Limited BOINCstats updates to gather data only once per day (no need to hit the site up too often!)
  • Addition of projects "SZTAKI Desktop Grid", "MESSAGE@Home", and "BURP"
  • Addition of World Rank, Team Rank, and RAC stats for each project
  • Addition of password code (needed for v5 client)

Again, be sure to replace the hostnames/port numbers/passwords with your own after upgrading!

JigPu

Can't :bang head get :bang head sig :bang head to :bang head work :bang head

It was working around mid/late July....but then it broke. I'm a complete idiot on perl, just simply have not had the exposure to it....but I understand it enough to read it and modify it, debug it, etc... I used the "base" sig_gen.pl script from way back when and stuck in my info and managed to get it partially working, but now I've managed to figure out that the "boinc.html" file that gets pulled down using the getstore function call and pulls down my stats from boinc, has the following text in it:

"Scraping not allowed, please contact the webmaster at [email protected]".

So I have no idea what to do now. Can anyone get me a newer/working example of the who mksig.pl / sig_gen.pl? Thanks.

Also, that sig_gen.pl link I can't get to or save as...If there are any other links that have already discussed this please direct me, i looked but didn't find any.

nevermind....I think. I just read a FAQ at boincstats that indicates they are blocking screen scraping, but that you can request special download access to get the stats....which is basically what the message was telling me to do....so I have and am waiting for the webmaster's reply.

Sorry for wasting this space :)......but if you know of good scripts that utilize this download, I'd appreciate it.

The current version of the sig_gen.pl has this fixed. Instead of scraping the database the webmaster was kind enough to provide up XML stats that the script checks every 24 hours.

...unfortunatly, as you've discovered, the download is currently broken :-/ It's being served from my box at home, and it must have crashed or something since I can't even ping the sucker. Unfortunatly, I'm away on christmas break with no way to reboot it, so it might be a while :( I'll let you know when it's rebooted, but in the meantime you'll proabably want to stick with a static sig.

JigPu

Sig script is back up :) Apparently Murphy's Law took effect and caused my IP to change right after leaving for christmas break.

JigPu

Back