• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Failure to Apply Updates - Reverting Changes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MattMan657

So lemme start by saying I couldn't care less about fixing this. I run into this problem on my piece of **** work Lenovo when I try to run Windows Update and restart the system. It'll try to apply the changes on the reboot but will fail giving the error message saying it failed to apply its own updates and is reverting then restarts then tries to apply again then fails then restarts and loops like that for awhile.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone else ever seen this happen? I had NEVER run into this until I got my work laptop a year or two ago. Just straight crap. Figured I'd ask as I find it amusing at this point. :D

Search 'reverting updates' here at the forum. There are a couple of threads that should help you out.

(Im on my way out the door or I would link you)

What OS? I've seen Win7 cause problems on a couple of my machines. I found installing the oldest updates a few at a time fixed the problem.

Back