• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Fan Controller Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
As long as the combined power draw of all the finals on the port doesn't exceed 12W. The knob will also control the speed of all three fans.

Startup fan current is a LOT higher than nominal max speed current usage. So be careful with that. It's hard to find startup current on many fans, but go with double the rated amps/current to be safe.

Most of us like the more robust 30 watt per channel fan controllers. Mine handles easily 3 on one channel, 3 on another (two 120x3 radiators), two fans on another, one fan on another. My controller has 4 channels.

I'm also talking non-pwm 3 pin controllers.

I run a NZXT Sentry Mesh fan controller (30 watts per) and I have 6 fans on one channel (hooked into my NZXT switch 810's supplied fan hub) and 2 fans on 3 channels and single fans on the remaining channel and never has it stuttered or given me any reason it was more than rated. I'm using 13 Bitfenix Spectre Pro Blue Led fans ALL on the fan controller

Thanks for the replies, i will only be running two 3pin fans on one port so that should be fine right?

Back