• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan questions...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperTuner12010

Ok 2 questions...

-When doing a push/pull configuration on a rad, does using 2 high static pressure fans benefit over using say ap15's push and another fan for pull?

If it does make a differnece then ill just get all ap15's, if it doesnt make a huge difference though.

-Id like to use led fans as pull, as they will be facing the exterior of my case against the mesh. So a little eye candy. But looking for something quiet.

I have Cooler Master R4's right now and well they were never loud tell I got my ap15's.

So if i want ap15's for all then ill stick with that. If not, reccomendations on a quiet led fan to use as a pull.

Not lookign for quiet fans per-say...My ap15's are quiet to me, my cm r4 at there lowest speed are louder than my ap15's at max speed.

Just not sure if using fans with high static pressure as push and then using maybe fans with lower static pressure as pull would cause problems.

Id like to use led fans as pull as they will be facing the extrior of the case, a little eye candy. But if using fans with lower static pressure and cause a problem I will just run all ap15's and not worry about the leds.

OR if there are quality led fans that are quiet and will move the appropriate amount of air then any suggestions on those. Id use the r4's but there just too loud.

http://martinsliquidlab.org/2012/01/15/radiator-shroud-testing-v2/

this guy does a ton of water cooling testing and has done some tests on push vs pull with lots of different fans check it out should at least shed some light on your situation

Yah iv read thru that, I know maximum results wielded are achieved by using a push+pull configuration. But he doesnt do any tets using different fans with different static pressure with each other.

Thx for the link, a lot of places are sold out, and those who do have them are $17 on aveagre. However I saw Xoxide has them in stock as well for $15 just fyi to those who might have been looking.

I don't know of any test of mismatched fans but my thoughts are that if the fans don't match and their rpm close to each others will create air turbulence between the two fans. That will lower the cooling ability.

Back