• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan replacement recommendation H100i

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cld

Registered
So i have a H100i (decent cooler, terrible software) on a FX-9590 (regret), i am looking for a replacement of the fans that come with the h100i because they are kinda loud.

I am not really too much into hardware, I've been looking at some charts, but i am kinda just looking for a recommendation.

The fans i currently have are 120mm(25mm) and i run them at 1100-1800rpm, i am looking for a fan that makes less noise around that rpm.

Noctua NF-F12 PWM 120mm Case Fan. Expensive, but worth every penny and then some.

Do you think it will it be able to manage a airflow comparable to the stock fans (http://www.corsair.com/en/air-series-sp120-high-performance-edition-high-static-pressure-120mm-fan) (at 1800 RPM).

It doesn't need to compare to the 2400 rpm on the stock fans, but currently 1600-1800 rpm on the stock fans have difficulties when the cpu goes 100%.

The airflow on the stock is listed as 37-62, while the noctua's are listed as 43-55, which seems good enough but i am not sure how reliable these measurements are.

The SP120 fans that you linked are garbage compared to the NF-F12.
Also consider the Noctua NF-F12 industrialPPC 2000RPM PWM fan. Even at 2000RPM it'll be MUCH quieter than that SP120.

Do you think it will it be able to manage a airflow comparable to the stock fans (http://www.corsair.com/en/air-series-sp120-high-performance-edition-high-static-pressure-120mm-fan) (at 1800 RPM).

It doesn't need to compare to the 2400 rpm on the stock fans, but currently 1600-1800 rpm on the stock fans have difficulties when the cpu goes 100%.

The airflow on the stock is listed as 37-62, while the noctua's are listed as 43-55, which seems good enough but i am not sure how reliable these measurements are.

I use 4 of them in Push/Pull on my H100i but I'm cooling a 4770K. You can try one of the other Noctuas with higher static pressure ratings (to move more air through your rad) but I'm happy with mine.

sys2.jpg

Got 2 NF-F12 PWM's.

Thanks for the help.

Shoulda bought 4, but that's just my opinion. 2 on top of the rad/2 on the bottom. (You can't see the 2 on the top of my 100i in that pic because the case is cutting off the view of them)

Yeah probably, but i could always buy more.

The thing is that it wouldn't fit in my current case, everything is currently in a cheapo Cooler master N300 that i got from a friend. (Which is an Ok case, but its a midi tower which is too small for this kind of stuff.)
It needs to be replaced, but preferably not right now. Currently just kinda focused on making sure the constant noise doesn't drive me insane.

Its not like i really care about overclocking it either, because that would probably require dropping the thing in liquid nitrogen.

Back