• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fans in general

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arcanise

ok with my SIG rig i have these as my fans
2 mumbo junbo fans 240mm????
2 side panel fanes standard size 140mm????
1 on each GPU
and 2 push/pull on my cpu cooler

the case is a coolermaster sniper, so i think th emumbo jumbos are staying as i would have to cut rivets to get to them???

but as far as the CPU and side panel fans go i am all ears for improvements.
since fans are cheap it wont hurt to improve what i have, and i have a nice slick fan controller, the only down side is my fan controller doesnt use Molex it uses the standard 3-4 pin attachments and one cable run has a CPU fan rig that tricks the MOBO

lets hear what you guys think i should go with, and keep in mind i want to move away from molex(weird i know)

What are you asking how to quiet your rig?

Simple.. balance in and out

check volume of air on exhaust fans, and balance your intakes.

*really don't get that positive/negative argument although negative pressure is quieter
**yeah thats it. Positive pressure has no situation that it helps. :salute::thup:(thats a joke btw.. neg/pos is a old time argument)

Last edited:
Moved to general cooling. The giant fans should be screwed in. You'll probably have to remove the top panel to know for sure, but CM doesn't have a habit of riveting fans.

What CPU cooler are you using?

hrmm i forgot what cooler it was that i bought it is similar to the V6 but no plastic and hrmm ill try to find it.....and im looking to increase airflow

turns out newegg no longer has it but it has push/pull with each fan doing ~2000 RPM

Back