• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fans not working properly/automatically

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DrDrummer

Registered
This is getting me very angry...

Couple days ago my CPU fans were running at full speed all the time. Regardless of temp or usage.
I installed corsair link to be able to manually control the fans and now that software isn't adjusting with the rise and fall of the temperature.
I would rather just uninstall corsair link and use the regular way, but I don't know what happened to my fans initially that made them stop adjusting on their own.

The HSF is connected to the CPU_FAN header, and not the FAN_OPT header right next to it? And what are the current settings under Monitor--> Fan Speed Control in the BIOS?

Now I remember what happened. The fans were blasting all the time, so I went into the BIOS and changed the control from standard to silent. I have gone back to standard and it's blasting again.

CPUID HWmonitor doesn't recognize my h100i fans, only the rear chassis fan.

There are cables connecting from the h100i fans to the corsair heat sink. Then there is a cable that splits out going to the CPUFAN and somewhere else.

So, the cpu fan keeps going until I manually start corsair link, then corsair link works. I just would rather avoid corsair link and fix the underlying issue.

If HWmonitor is not reporting, try Open HardwareMonitor http://openhardwaremonitor.org/
NZXT uses a core/DLL of it for its Kraken software , similar to Corsair Link

In the current setup, i *think* what is reported by the H100i into the MB header is pump speed.

IF you want seperate reporting/control of the fans, you'll have to plug them in into a fansplitter and then the splitter onto a MB Header. That way you can use something like Speedfan to control the H100 fans.

That's the thing. My computer was working very well before. I must have changed one thing that made this situation...

For example. I turn my computer on, the fan does not change speeds at all, even with heavier/lighter cpu load/temp. I am not using corsair link. The MB or computer or Windows used to automatically change fan speeds. Now it's stuck at one speed.

hmm, check your BIOS settings... maybe some error occurred causing the BIOS to reset to default settings, which *might* include set CPU_FAN to 100% voltage control.

Does the H100i come with an internal usb cable/connector? (the nzxt kraken does)
Maybe the H100i did something that Windows doesn't like very much.. Windows 7 is very keen on "blacklisting" misbehaving USB devices.

Back