• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fans Run, No Display, No Beeps, No HD Head Movement

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OMG, this is exactly the same problem I'm having. My post is a couple threads down. I have already replaced the CPU to no avail. It happened after I replaced my stock intel cooler with a Tuniq Tower. Before that it worked fine. Then after I tried to start up it just had fans on, mobo light on, etc, but the screen was black with no beeps. SAME EXACT PROBLEM! Almost same hardware, but it worked before Tuniq, maybe the Tuniq (or I) did physical damage to the mobo?

Pull it out of the case and try it. Could be a ground issue (the most aggravating issue).

Might have an extra brass standoff in there (don't ask me how I know) ;)

golfking222 post a link to your thread so I can read about your problem please.

pscout with CPU in and no RAM I got a beep code!! one long and two short. with the CPU out I got no beeps no matter what. no beeps with video card out.

mdameron MOBO is sitting on a pillow now. no chances of shorts

EmAn it looks good

golfking222 you should place the mobo on a non conductive surface that will support the entire board. mine is sitting on a pillow right now.

ok, so I got beeps when I took all the RAM out. what does that mean?? how do I decide what my faulty component is? I dont have spares so I cant swap my parts for known good ones.

A pillow ehh, with or without a pillow cover?

You know the beeps you're getting, I googled for Asus beep codes and found this "Either video adapter is bad or is not seated properly. Also, check to ensure the monitor cable is connected properly." Try something with that maybe.

nth697 said:
golfking222 post a link to your thread so I can read about your problem please.

pscout with CPU in and no RAM I got a beep code!! one long and two short. with the CPU out I got no beeps no matter what. no beeps with video card out.

mdameron MOBO is sitting on a pillow now. no chances of shorts

Ram is tested right after cpu so if you got beeps with no memory then that should mean cpu is ok. IMO most likely culprit for failure given your move was mobo or video and possibly psu. Unlikely cpu or memory would be damaged if power was off when things were removed and put back in.

Put 1 stick of mem in, remove your 7600 and put in your pci video.

if no beeps, mem or chipset(mobo) is suspect. Try each mem stick by itself in each slot. No beeps or post probably mobo. If it posts, your video or the pci-bus (mobo) is borked.

Since mobo should still be under warranty ... call asus ... they will walk you through the same steps i expect and give you an rma.

Without more known good working spares or another mobo to test in it is hard to narrow it down further.

pscout I just tried that and got nothing. I called ASUS in the morning and they said to RMA it or try spares :p

I guess thats the answer then. oh well..... thanks all

Back