• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Far Cry 4 looks Amazing!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You need to hit 'M' and go to crafting, then hover over the "weapon holster" (the first one) and look at the bottom right to see what animals you have to kill and skin to upgrade it. I suggest the bow, its fun and you get 2 skins instead of filling the animal with lead and getting 1 skin. Rhinos on the other hand are really really tough, you have to buy the elephant gun which is what I did (its under signature weapons tab). The strong shotguns should do the trick.

I have the AK47 now. I had the bow but now I don't know how to get back to the bow after I bought the AK47. Im right after the part where you clear the wolf den at the beginning of the game for the first town. I have climbed the first radio tower. How do I get back to the bow to get animals?

Go to the store, go to weapons, scroll down to the bottom and there will be a bow and a recurve bow. The bow should be free because thats the one you have earned, the recurve is better and has easier sights to buy to use. Then just click on it and choose a slot to equip it in. The top slot is for secondaries ONLY, the rest of the 3 slots are for primary/secondary.

Go to the store, go to weapons, scroll down to the bottom and there will be a bow and a recurve bow. The bow should be free because thats the one you have earned, the recurve is better and has easier sights to buy to use. Then just click on it and choose a slot to equip it in. The top slot is for secondaries ONLY, the rest of the 3 slots are for primary/secondary.

I can't equip to any but the bottom slot right now

I can't equip to any but the bottom slot right now

You need to hit 'M' and go to crafting, then hover over the "weapon holster" (the first one) and look at the bottom right to see what animals you have to kill and skin to upgrade it. I suggest the bow, its fun and you get 2 skins instead of filling the animal with lead and getting 1 skin. Rhinos on the other hand are really really tough, you have to buy the elephant gun which is what I did (its under signature weapons tab). The strong shotguns should do the trick.

See his post about crafting.

Also, I'll be playing FC4 as soon as I'm done with ACU.

Just finished the main story line and a good portion of the side quests.. I must say that I'm kind of disappointed with the ending. I looked up the alternate ending and would have preferred it, but even it wasn't that good. Overall, it was a good game, but I prefer FC3's story line. Plus, more and more bugs emerged as I went on.

Unless you're a die hard fan of the franchise, I'd suggest waiting for a sale in the $25 range.

idk if it's just me but i don't like the graphics, more specifically the areas in shadow are black. not just darker, but completely black and i can see anything at all.
extremely annoying

ahh yeah. there's allso a glitch with shadows that if it's over High then a weird blob follows me around. and to make matters worse the ambiant occlusions are pretty crappy as well

I played it a lot this weekend but kept running into the save bug were progress wont save unless you are in a safehouse. I had 16+ hours and lost almost all of it.

I uninstalled. Game runs choppy when on the road and in certain areas. Unacceptable. Gonna retry when I have my 2nd 980 and see if the horsepower makes a difference.

I uninstalled. Game runs choppy when on the road and in certain areas. Unacceptable. Gonna retry when I have my 2nd 980 and see if the horsepower makes a difference.

Seems like overkill TBH.
Also, might not be the game ya know....

Why not just turn down the graphics a bit?

Game was a blast, this and shadow of mordor is best two games I have played this year. I played it through on normal first time, took 33 hours, but I did most of side stuff. Playing it second time through now, going with alternate choices and using hard setting.. it is even better on hard makes you a little more cautious and have to think sometimes. So far I havent had any bugs or stuttering on my 1200 core single titan with all settings on Ultra but decreased AA as I do in all games. And yeah getting better bow early and getting crafting done + towers gives you the tools to have more fun.

And yeah getting better bow early and getting crafting done + towers gives you the tools to have more fun.

Preach it. I would dare anyone to play the game with just a bow and a side arm. (no need to do the extra stuff or craft everything)

Preach it. I would dare anyone to play the game with just a bow and a side arm. (no need to do the extra stuff or craft everything)

I played a good portion of the game with just a bow with the marksman reticle and side arm (silenced pistol with red dot). I've always played these games with the stealth approach, it's much more fun than the run-and-gun style of lots of games. When I unlocked the sniper rifle that could use a silencer I used it almost exclusively. Granted, I played on 'normal' mode, probably would have been more difficult on hard.

Back