• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fastest 6800 "vanilla" on AIR?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Caviman2201

I just opened my replacement eVGA 6800 "vanilla", popped it in and got 400/801 on stock cooling...

is this pretty good?

What have people gotten up to on a top-end aftermarket cooler?

I'm debating between the Vf700 and the Thermalright V1 Ultra...

Any info would be appreciated :)

its really not worth wasting your money..... heres my story. I bought a 6600gt 128mb AGP about 3 weeks ago and the second day i had it i was already overclocking it. I was looking into cooling solutions but all were quite expensive. About a week ago i decided to take an old P4 hs that i had laying around and put it on the card it droped load temps 23*C from 68 to 45 but i could only get 12 more mhz out of the core b 4 artifacts... but its nice that i kno i wont fry the card :D check it out (it ended up working better than a VF700-cu temp wise.) (stock speeds are 500/900 and i can get her up to 600/1287 this results in a 21% increase in 3dmark03 score, and a 16% in 3d05)

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=448301

P3110015.JPG

I have an old AXP heatsink (aluminum fin/copper core) with a TMD fan on it lying around.. but I have no idea how I'd mount it...

Back