• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Favorite Non-Scrypt coins

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

Now that between the hordes of GPU miners and the new Scrypt ASIC coming out, what is your favorite GPU and CPU non-Scrypt algo coins?

I've been doing reasonably well with VTC and UTC, but the value of those seems to be slowly sinking against BTC.

Are there any unreleased coins on the horizon that you think will do better long term?

Are scrypt ASICs actually a thing now? Last I checked there were a few chips out but they were more low power then high hash.

Are scrypt ASICs actually a thing now? Last I checked there were a few chips out but they were more low power then high hash.

I don't know if they are a thing, but there are enough GPU users out there that all the difficulties are going up, but not the value of the coins.

I like PTS. I've tossed around switching up to vert, but I think that LTC will eventually shoot up as a result of ASIC's so I'm trying to get a bunch to hold.

VTC, UTC, PTS, XPM, and this new HVC are cool :thup:

Ivanlabrie mentioned some coin that has like 5 algos you can mine it with, but I forget it.

XPM, solid long term runner

VTC, i still hope

I've got a stash of PTS I'm holding, I might start mining it again if others become less profitable.

They do exist, my buddy has them and we have ordered a few more to try out; mostly the 400Kh/s gridseeds. We are connecting them all to a powered USB hub and rasberry pi board to minimize power consumption.

Regarding alt script: Not sure whether to go with VTC or give Myriad a shot, VTC has a larger following on most forums and the community is pretty motivated, but Myriad is new so it's too early to make a judgement call imo.

Back