• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEAR and COD2 on 56" display!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I like the second picture... what resolution can that TV take? With all these pictures comming up now, I might have to use my HDTV for PC gaming too (Whenever I buy it that is).

It can take 1080i, but PC hates interlaced video signal, so running at 1920x1080i gives a very flickery image. I had it hook up via DVI. No good.

Next, I hooked it up via the component lines. It liked 720x480p. Picture is stable but small. COD2 ran at 720x480 while FEAR ran at 640x480. The refresh rate is low so it was slow to refresh. But PQ isn't that bad, but could be better of course.

Digital DVI you mean?

The games shown on your pics are at what resolution?

That must have been quite cool.

Yeah, D-DVI.

The resolution for COD2 ran at 720x480 while FEAR ran at 640x480. It was fun, but again, the refresh isn't high so there was a noticable delay in the screen update. Plus, my wireless mouse sucks so that didn't make it much fun. I was just experimenting.

You should be able to 1280x720p res with either cables.

Also if you have just a standard S-Cable try that as some people seem to be having better luck with it then any others. It worked the best on my Trinitron, but I have been using DVI-HDMI on my 37" LCD HDTV.

Played BF2 on my 27". It was killer, even if it was at low res.Nice Tv you got there man. Looks awesome!

RedDragonXXX said:
You should be able to 1280x720p res with either cables.

Also if you have just a standard S-Cable try that as some people seem to be having better luck with it then any others. It worked the best on my Trinitron, but I have been using DVI-HDMI on my 37" LCD HDTV.

I wish, my HDTV does not support 720p. Connected via component output gives it a nice and smooth image though.

EvilT said:
that looks bad a** i was gona get me an hdtv 32" lcd but back down now i wish i didnt bc it was on sall :(

Looks bad a** at first, but then the slow refresh got to me. It was fun for the first 10 minutes then just got to be annoying.

Also, I've hooked it up to my receiver and dang, did it sound great or what! Got the 5.1 going and WOW! Now, all I need to do is completely my basement and set up a home theater downstairs, completed with this PC.

Back