• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fedco 2-342/GDI 399090 HC modding?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Darn I only paid $21 or $19 I forget which. Don't forget to flush it out real good with vinager then water or else your tubing will get cloudy from all the gunk they used while sodering it together..

BlueMan said:
So I picked up a 2-342/399090 HC today (argued in some tests on Proforums by Bill A. to be the best, least restrictive HC there is).

Here's a pic: http://www.autopart.com/scripts/radiator/heatercorepict.idc

now, it's an interesting design, with inlet/outlets on opposite ends. The pipes differ in size though - 5/8" and 3/4". what i'm wondering is this:

Should I sweat the pipes out and solder in barbs? Should I solder in pipe THEN barbs?

or....should I just boil my tubing and stretch it over the pipes already soldered into place?

Thanks

PS. is it normal to have some rattling in a new HC? pieces of solder and metal flakes came out when I shook it. I'm going to flush it with water...but should I be worried? I can return it if it's defective.

I love this stuff very much. It seems that there is no way to get it if people (like me living in Hong Kong) are not the US citizen.

No international delivery service provided. :eh?:

do you flush it with straight vinegar? or mixed with water?

straight. I filled it about half way corked the ends then shook it about 2 minutes. Then I flushed it for about 20 with faucet sprayer thingy..

pauldenton said:
think it might be 11.5" if this thread is correct...
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=287023&highlight=2-342

well, you'll be able to measure them yourself soon ;)

Alexwai said:
I love this stuff very much. It seems that there is no way to get it if people (like me living in Hong Kong) are not the US citizen.

No international delivery service provided.

it cost me (us) $50.00 to ship 2x of these to pauldenton. i packed the HECK out of them, so you could save some weight/$ but...or you could do non-air mail (35.00 vs 50.00) but that would have taken 3-7 WEEKS (Ohio, USA to London, England) so...it can be done, but its A LOT of $...

Joe Camel said:
well, you'll be able to measure them yourself soon ;)

it cost me (us) $50.00 to ship 2x of these to pauldenton. i packed the HECK out of them, so you could save some weight/$ but...or you could do non-air mail (35.00 vs 50.00) but that would have taken 3-7 WEEKS (Ohio, USA to London, England) so...it can be done, but its A LOT of $...

But, i got no friend living in US to do that job for me.

hey alexwai waht do you need?
im going to the states in the summer to visit relatives/install my watercooling and mod my comp, ive allready ordered a bunck of stuff for novashine and may be fabricating a HDD encloshure for nigely.

iif you would like me to grab one for ya when im there send me a pm, i also may start importing watercooling stuff to HK if there is enough of a intrest for the stuff (by importing i mean sneaking it thru customs in my luggage and not getting charged taxes on it :p )

fragger56 said:
hey alexwai waht do you need?
im going to the states in the summer to visit relatives/install my watercooling and mod my comp, ive allready ordered a bunck of stuff for novashine and may be fabricating a HDD encloshure for nigely.

iif you would like me to grab one for ya when im there send me a pm, i also may start importing watercooling stuff to HK if there is enough of a intrest for the stuff (by importing i mean sneaking it thru customs in my luggage and not getting charged taxes on it :p )
have sent.

Back