• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Feeling cute, may overclock later

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaPoets

Waiting on this new block from Optimus to try out for the 3970X, I should have it this week and will run a ton of benchmarks on it to see if it holds up to it's claims. I have high hopes for it. When done I'll finish the hardlines.

3970X blue.jpg

Are you overclocking your 3970x? what do you have it at? Mine self Turbos to 4391 to 4416 Mhz, and on rare occasions half the cores go up to 4520Mhz or thereabouts. I doubt I can get the chip to run a constant 4.4Ghz constantly. The auto voltages go up as high as 1.5v (4.5Ghz) and low as 0.852v when it slows down. How should I measure relative performance compared to lets say your rig or any other 3970x rig?

Just did a cpuid bench. Most cores maxed at 4416Ghz. The multithread score was 21394 and single thread score was 520

Last edited:
Haven't read any of the posts but that title cracked me up. Love it!

Back