• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Few Phenom II questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
With 8gb of memory you want to set yourself to the 4x memory multiplier and use the fsb (as it's called in intel) to up ram speed to the 850-900mhz range. I believe if you can get all 8 gb of that memory clocked to like 860-900 with cas 4 timings it will actually outperform the 1066 cas 5, as to whether the particular memory can do that is another thing.

also about the nb, also called the nb-cpu because it is memory controller that resides on the cpu, try getting it up to 2400+ stable. It does make up for not being able to run all 8 gigs at 1066.

Also where is muscle shoals, I was born in Dothan but have lived in Ga all my life (and family is from ga also)

lol sorry ,Stupid question ,but anyway.. amd cpu's produce less heat at a higher voltage? :O
I was thinking the less voltage the smaller the amount of heat the processor would put out .. :S
For a given device (such as an AMD 940BE) more volts = more power but when comparing different devices (940BE v Q6600) the voltage is just an electrical specification. For example, the standard power supply in Europe is 230VAC instead of 115VAC like North America but the appliances there don't run twice as hot nor are they half as efficient as they are here - it's just a different specification ...

lol sorry ,Stupid question ,but anyway.. amd cpu's produce less heat at a higher voltage? :O
I was thinking the less voltage the smaller the amount of heat the processor would put out .. :S

What Quiet meant by that was comparing intel to Amd cpu's. He is basically saying that an 955 @ 1.35v runs at about 30* where as a i7 920 with 1.20v runs at 50*. Even though the intel chip is using less voltage it is still hotter. Which all goes back to not being able to compare the chips. Since you compared a Pentium D 925 to a Phenom II 720... Apples to oranges.

Back