• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FF or Mozilla

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

delljunks

which one do you use/
which one do you like more/

my firefox is fux0red so i'm using mozilla ATM

FireFox, If using firefox its defintly worth getting a few add ons. Like a better popup blocker,weather stats, download manager upadet. So many more good ones. Any way have you tried uninstalling firefox then reinstalling it? Whats wrong with it? :drool:

im using the FireFox 1.0 preview, and I love it. I was using Avant browser, which ibasically adds a few cool features to IE, and liked that, but page loading times were ridiculous, I have a broadband connection and it was acting slower than diial up, so i grabbed firefox. I had used it before ages ago when it was callled pheonix or firebird or something, and It's definately and improvement. the only thing I wish I could figure out is how to make new pages open in differetn tabs instead of opening a new browser, Avant browser did that and that was my favorite thing about it. I also like the RSS feed bookmarks, or live bookmarks, as firefox calls them, pretty neat feature.

yeah, I think your right about it being called firebird. I am really enjoying using firefox though, it uses less system resources and loads pages waaaay faster than IE

Well It just might be obvious what I'd say...

I'm no pusher however. There are several reasons to use IE...with that out of the way, I'd suggest firefox over mozilla at the moment. I have used both and the one advantage of mozilla is of course is that it have more features. and some people have problems with firefox.

Just try fully uninstalling and deleting firefox and install the latest. One awesome thing about firefox is of course the plugins. Any features that most other browsers offer can be added in through the plugins. IRC for example, there is a plugin that will put that into firefox. There is also a very useful plugin called "open page in IE" its just a right click away. It can be handy for pages that won't display properly in FF.

Agreed. Most people who have gripes about Firefox do not realize the number of extensions to quell those gripes. just love AdBlock. I can go to a site, remove select ads or banners, and still see the site as clost to normal as possible (not any of those IMAGE BLOCKED icons where there should be a ad, just nothing there, not even the blank space. Things get rearranged.)

And the ability to link to Windows UPdates and "open in IE" is great too. But there is a lot of stuff out there that has it dominate. Think about it....Firefox 1.0 vs IE 6.0.....1.0 versus 6.0......1.....6.....

Yeah. Firefox is this powerful at 1.0. IE is that sucky at 6.0. Do the math.

i actually use mozilla, and have used both i usually just dld the first one i find but mozilla for me and thunderbird for email

Firefox for me. The themes and plugins make it stand out. The tabbed browsing is also very nice. Mozilla is ok, I'm not sure what changes they made as I have only used it on linux machines sometime ago.

Back