• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

final checklist, for first watercooling loop.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YAMA187

ok i have bought everything i need for this water cooling loop. im waiting for a couple part to be delivered. im really pumped for assembly. i just want to make sure i got everything i need and want to see if you guys had any last minute tips before assembly. ive been doing a lot of case mods and planning and i think im ready.

its a one loop cpu only loop. one rad

here is the checklist

*140.2 swifttech rad
*8 feet of danger den 1/2 tubing
*Xspc raystorm cpu block + thermal paste
*8 1/2 barbs 2 rotary 90 degree. (for cpu block) 6 straight
*Swiftech MCP35X with Phobya Pump Top
*xspc 5.25 bay res
*bgears b-Blaster 140 140mm Case Fan and COOLER MASTER 140mm Case Fan
* 2-way 3 pin adapter
*silver kill coil
* psu jumper cable
* 4 automotive grade hose clamps (im putting them on the res and cpu block) thew rest are dd plastic clamps
* a gallon of distilled water.

that pretty much it. i hope i didnt miss anything.

any last tips and tricks you guys might want to share !!! :D: attn:

On the 3rd party pump top, I would keep and use the MCP35X stock top as you wouldn't need a 3rd party one as it already has a high performing top and you would also void the pumps warranty. Overall everything looks good.

You'll need more than a gallon for rinsing etc, it's cheap though. Looks okay by me, good luck!

Yea, replacing pump top would be worse performance and voids the pump warrenty.

Same as these two guys said, the MCP35X has the best top I've ever seen for a DDC.

Could you replace the 90º fittings with 45º?

And, the PSU jumper cable is not necessary, you can make one yourself with a paperclip.

I got the 3rd party pump so that I could run the lines right in and out the top. Avoiding any additional fittings and avoiding kinking the tubes.

I bought it from frozen CPU and they installed the top on it and the slapped a "Warenty void if tampered" that runs from the pump to the phoybia top.
Another reason I went with it was that I didn't have to worry about building a draining system. Because its got in and out not only on the top but also on the side. The also included the original pump top so if i did decided to change it I could. And when It comes to the 2 90 rotarys I went with them because the block is getting fed from the the rad which is rather towards the front of the case. Then it goes to the res after that which is almost the same height in the case as the block. It's all going into a mid case so I got to be careful about kinking the tubes. Also it will make it easier to bleed the system of bubbles. I've been Doing a lot of thinking into this

Last edited:
My mom called me at work and told me a package from frozencpu.com arrived!! What a suprize!!! Going to pop my water cooling cherry tonight

MISSION COMPLETE!!!!!

Last edited:
Same as these two guys said, the MCP35X has the best top I've ever seen for a DDC.

Could you replace the 90º fittings with 45º?

And, the PSU jumper cable is not necessary, you can make one yourself with a paperclip.

.....i wish i thought of that dammit. i got the tubes just making it over the ram with no kinks. ill fix the ram issue for now.

now that ive finished this rig. everything is done with it. all i want to do is build a intel system and watercool it. i caught the bug.

thanks to everyone that has helped me in anyway with teaching me or providing info on water cooling, thanks!!!!!!
100_1844.JPG

100_1851.JPG

100_1847.JPG

Back