• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally- An upgrade at work!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
We just upgraded system wide to some reasonably nice HP business machines with Pentium D's and a gig of RAM.

Me, I want to borg em - librarians never use all of one core, let alone two!

our school is always in the process of upgrading

in the last 4 years we went from

IBM - piece o crap
to
Dell - hunk of junk
to
Dell - something kinda looked good
to
Dell - Optiplex GXA something or other with 2.4ghz P4's and 512mb of Ram with xp and all that stuff running off of the server half a mile away!

The science/math/computer labs often need some more power. The people who are just word processing and checking email don't need much power at all.

Thin client is probably the future for general purpose business use. You just don't need that much power on the average desktop anymore.

lol MRD. if you were my IT guy.. I'd be really mad at ya :D

Those old Celeron 1.8's we had with 128MB-256MB of RAM just were not cutting it. Due to the fact of all the billion services running (gotta love gov't crapware!) Right now, just with firefox and Outlook open, I have 53 services running!! :eek: And I don't have the rights to disable any of them. They're all network, printer, CAC card, and monitoring services... ugh... I guess if I could knock that down to around 25-30 services, it wouldn't be so bad

Back