• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally back with a new build idea

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OP updated, once again. This seems much simpler than having to have two seperate systems and figuring out how to connect them together. It also saves me $1000+/-.

So thoughts on this? Btw I went with the PC 7970 VORTEX II because I have a friend who is going to sell me his, unopened that he got for his birthday today (he already ordered a 690, so this was a surprise gift) for a great price. I have also seen the Red Mod done to this same model GPU so i know it does work with it, just need to get the rest of the system together and get a special bracket for the 920 so I can get into babyma...er VM mode. =]

I cometely forgot to change that. I was using it for the pcie slots because I was going with a 3 slot card but now that I'm going dual slot I think I can go down on that a bit. Thanks for pointing that out. I was half asleep when I redid all this last night. Haha

OK update, I might actually stay with the board on the list because of the way the slots are configured. I am still looking into a couple others but with the red mod I need the best spacing possible. I also need it to have VT-d which it seems not too many boards do. Does anyone have a suggestion for another VT-d 2011 board? That isn't an ASUS as I read they don't support Linux? Though I'm not sure if that matters when using a VM?

Back