• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally doing a real loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sultan.of.swing

So far for the past few years I have always just used AIO's as they were easy to setup and generally offered "decent" performance.
Now I am getting to the stage where I would like to do a full loop, Not only to try and get a little bit better temps but I would like to make the Computer as silent as possible.

I did a configuration on EK's website and have come up with this, Would this be good for a beginners loop for both the CPU and the GPU or would I be better off with 2 separate loops?
My case is a 900d so there really isn't much of an issue as far as radiator fitment/placement.

I am still rocking my X99 setup as my [email protected] is still plenty fast enough for any game out there. I may upgrade in the future but probably not anytime soon.

At any rate tell me what you guys think of this list and what I could substitute/make better, as always thank you ahead of time for the guidance.

Attachments

• 2018-03-25 (3).png
    2018-03-25 (3).png
    105.3 KB · Views: 43
The 4 fan splitter might not work unless you have a mobo fan header that supports up to 20W(this is the required power for starting the fans), 2 fans is usually the max that's supported on a fan header (I know some Asus x99 boards have high amp fan headers which do supports higher wattage) .
Also if you want a quiet system do consider getting another rad (preferably a 360 or 420)since the 6850 is already a 140W CPU @ stock speeds and the 1080Ti is also a hot card.

The 4 fan splitter might not work unless you have a mobo fan header that supports up to 20W(this is the required power for starting the fans), 2 fans is usually the max that's supported on a fan header (I know some Asus x99 boards have high amp fan headers which do supports higher wattage) .
Also if you want a quiet system do consider getting another rad (preferably a 360 or 420)since the 6850 is already a 140W CPU @ stock speeds and the 1080Ti is also a hot card.

Thank you for the reply, Fan splitters/config is something I can figure out. I know the CPU fan header is only good for 12w on the Rampage V extreme.
I was think running 2 loops would be best, but not entirely sure. I have room to go as big as 2 480mm rads.

Back