• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally going to purchase an RTX 3080, need help though.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

Out of the cards I have chosen are the EVGA FTW3 3080, Asus ROG Strix 3080 and the Asus TUF Gaming 3080, all 10gb versions.
Or should I just go all out and get a 3080 ti? Same cards as above.
I do plan on playing in 4k in a few months and I always use high to ultra settings. I have a Corsair HX1000i for the PSU. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks again, Guys.

I've had good luck with EVGA and the company has treated me well over the years. I refuse to buy MSI GPUs as I had a horrible and frustrating series of experiences with them years ago. It's a grudge I can't seem to shake.

I have had my 3070 TI FTW3 Ultra for 1 year now.. such a long name. Anywhoo.. its been solid. It runs cool, overclocks pretty well I think.. I like Asus, but not sure I would buy one of their cards if a good evga card is in stock.

Well that was a short lived victory. Was only getting 15 FPS in Heaven and 20 FPS in WoW. Back to Amazon it goes, unless you guys have any ideas.

I would perform clean driver reinstall and check if the card runs at PCIe 4.0 x16 mode (or at least full PCIe 3.0 x16). If you are using PCIe risers then check it without the riser as they often cause problems with higher series cards.

I have the newest drivers. I also took out the riser card to no avail. I even checked on power supply calculator just to make sure that a Corsair HX1000i would be enough. It said all I needed was an 850 watt PSU. I don't know what else to do. Amazon is being a ***** about it and EVGA isn't open until I think 8 am. I'm so pissed.

If the PSU is too weak then usually the PC shuts down. If the riser isn't working correctly then you can check in the CPU-Z/mobo tab if it works at a high enough mode. I had problems with higher cards running at PCIe 3.0 x1.
You can also check on a different PC but I guess you don't have anything like that or you would check it already.
Check 2nd PCIe slot.
Remove/move to another socket M.2_1 SSD (the one which is linked to the CPU). This is just a quick idea as I didn't check how PCIe lanes are linked.
Reset CMOS or upgrade BIOS (if there is anything new).
I don't have any other ideas right now.

Some other ideas...

Verify you don't have any FPS limiters set. (highly unlikely to cause that low of an FPS but worth checking)
Ensure v-sync and g-sync are disabled.
Make sure your PCI slots are set to auto or gen4 in your BIOS
Some users (on other forums) have cleared this up by doing a clean re-install of Windows and all drivers. (Should be a last resort as it's a PITA).

Some other ideas...

Verify you don't have any FPS limiters set. (highly unlikely to cause that low of an FPS but worth checking)
Ensure v-sync and g-sync are disabled.
Make sure your PCI slots are set to auto or gen4 in your BIOS
Some users (on other forums) have cleared this up by doing a clean re-install of Windows and all drivers. (Should be a last resort as it's a PITA).

Yep, you can reinstall OS in like 15 mins if you connect an old/unused SSD (assuming you have one). Then gfx driver + one benchmark and you know if it works.

Back