• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally got around to using my Steam Deck as an Emulator.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dfonda

Senior Golfer
Took me a few hours but it works quite well. Also ordered a dock so I can play on the TV.

Turns out the Steam Link App isn't out for either the Roku or the LG C2. I have a hardware Steam Link somewhere...but the Dock seemed easier.

Curious to hear more about which emulator(s) you're using and how well they perform. I've considered a Steam Deck for playing emulators while on lunch break at work.

Curious to hear more about which emulator(s) you're using and how well they perform. I've considered a Steam Deck for playing emulators while on lunch break at work.
This guy (Youtube) website lists every little detail needed. I happened to only be interested in playing Metroid Prime which I played on Gamecube. I used a dedicated emulator for that (Primehack) which is packaged inside emudeck...along with every other emulator.

I played Metroid Prime through to the first save point last night. The controls have all been squared away in Primehack...It works great. My eyes get worse every year so I look forward to continuing play thru the Dock (Due Friday). You can get the emulators with the games inside to show up in the Steam Game area. Once you go in the emulator the games are inside to choose.

SDeck primehack.jpg

The MP Remastered is glitchy on emulators right now. So if I really enjoy the old version, I'll spring for the Switch version.

You will have to source the games on your own. (Quite Easy)

Last edited:
Back