• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New member. Finally finishing my 3 year project rig!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theshwartz

Hello all! Name's Steve from WV. Been into computers my whole life but, just recently (4 or 5 years or so) got into building them. I'm kind of a jack of all trades master of absolutely nothing though. Having said that I have a build I've been putting together for 3 or 4 years now that will probably have a lot of negative criticism just because the hardware was picked by someone with almost no experience, an almost but, not quite, unlimited budget for the build at the time and I will most likely have plenty of questions! Having said that, I want to post a list of hardware included along with some pictures but, will do so in the next post. I want to get some better pictures as I go. The reason it took so long is because back when I started it, I had a fairly large problem with starting projects and coming to temporary impasse and then completely neglecting them. I'm now in a much better position with my life and am trying like hell to finally finish some of them! lol. Anyway I can't remember exactly what the total cost for EVERYTHING was mostly because I got a large portion of it all at once when I started and, just recently decided to finish it and got the remaining pieces. It's probably somewhere in the range of $9500-$11,000. I know that sounds insane and it was. I had a lot of money and was a pretty serious drug addict at the time so... not much in terms of practicality or common sense came out of any aspect of my life then. So... had all this crazy expensive hardware still laying around with very little needed to finish it. I'll post a complete parts list and some pictures a.s.a.p. Just wanted to intro. and say hello! Hope we can all learn from one another!

OK, you got my attention. LOL

:welcome:

+1

I was the same way but mine was A.D.D. I would have big plans for a project and would start it. Then something else got my attention and I would forget about the last project. It took a Heart Attack to slow my butt down and make me focus on finishing my projects :)

And again:welcome:

Back