• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally new rev 360s /w HDMI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
sounds good to me...price drop..check...cooling issues hopefully fixed?...check....now I might get one...HDMI is a real nice bonus too....looks like maybe they can't do HDMI out the multiport of the first run of 360's

blueswitch said:
sounds good to me...price drop..check...cooling issues hopefully fixed?...check....now I might get one...HDMI is a real nice bonus too....looks like maybe they can't do HDMI out the multiport of the first run of 360's

They're releasing a cable soon. I posted the link from Kotaku a few months ago.

Ya but will that cable convert anolog to digital or can the av port put out a digital signal.:-/

There hasn't been official word yet that these models are equipped with the cooler running 65nm cores. I wouldn't run out to a store just yet. Wait until it's confirmed, and even then, wait a bit more, just to see if anybody has problems with them.

Don't be a guinea pig for the 'soft. ;)

Oni said:
There hasn't been official word yet that these models are equipped with the cooler running 65nm cores. I wouldn't run out to a store just yet. Wait until it's confirmed, and even then, wait a bit more, just to see if anybody has problems with them.

Don't be a guinea pig for the 'soft. ;)
kinda tempting for the people who don't have a x360 yet to put off getting a HDMI equipped 360, regardless of new 65nm cores or not. how would you get that info if you were to buy it online? If i didn't already have a wii and just spent too much money on a pc, I'd probably grab that xbox 360 premium with guaranteed HDMI from frys for 350 right now, guinea pig or not

July 07 or after is the new revision with this console also if you want to know wether you'll get 1 the box with be labled with the HDMI logo it.

from kotaku
xboxbarcode.jpg

the current "Zephyr" chips when they are replaced with the falcons it should be noted there

oh and look what i found, 360 controller keyboard rumor
xbox360_keyboard_1.jpg

http://blog.gamerwithin.com/article/58

...it looks like they taped a blackberry to the underside...looks uncomfortable to hold.I can see how it would be good for casual input, like creating game profiles....but to do any real typing you'd have to put it down...which at that point might as well just have a wireless keyboard.

blueswitch said:
...it looks like they taped a blackberry to the underside...looks uncomfortable to hold.I can see how it would be good for casual input, like creating game profiles....but to do any real typing you'd have to put it down...which at that point might as well just have a wireless keyboard.

Yeah, the headset is much, much better.

I wonder how the could use the heatset to best effect in a MMORPG.

I guess you could have guild/group chat via headset and use a keyboard or something like this for general chat.

Oni said:
Confirmed by NeoGAF via Kotaku. http://kotaku.com/gaming/screeeeee!...ot-yet-sporting-new-falcon-chipset-289035.php

I'ma keep waiting. I refuse to be a guinea pig. The 'soft can do their own QA testing, they don't need me to do it.

The funny thing about your comment is that there is absolutely zero proof that a die shrink will in fact solve the issues surrounding the RROD. I have a hard time believing that 65nm is going to be some sort of magical panacea.

deception``

deception`` said:
The funny thing about your comment is that there is absolutely zero proof that a die shrink will in fact solve the issues surrounding the RROD. I have a hard time believing that 65nm is going to be some sort of magical panacea.

deception``

Oh, absolutely, which is why I'm not heading out as soon as Falcon is released. I'll let other people do the QA.

Back