• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Finally saved up for my first build....Leaving console gaming forever!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Haha yeah i agree with the tv temp solution sucking. It is 4k but still really only a very temporary solution. I have been told that g sync will make me HAVE to have a new monitor though! I reckon i will stick with the gtx780 though and just put up with rubbish monitor until i can afford a good one.

With that power look at the QNIX QX2710 if you want something nice to go alongside the new setup.

Yeah for the price that monitor does seem pretty good (even with a sucky stand)
With monitors though i reckon i will have to actually get out there and see what they look like in person when running games as youtube videos/pictures really dont give you a true reflection of a monitor. Have you actually seen this in action?

It has it's downsides, but as a gamer spoiled by 120Hz+, the better all-rounder Eizo does not fare above 60Hz. I'm sorry, but for gaming that's atrocious. If I'm blowing $700 on that Eizo, I'd sooner buy the new RoG Swift for a far superior gaming experience.

ok cool, i will have to put some serious research in on the monitor front!
On additional case fans im unable to get hold of any Rosewill
Hyperborea fans in the UK anywhere! Could anyone suggest any other good quiet fans?

Im using coolermaster 120mm r4's... I dunno what the definition of "silent" is, but I cant hear 4 of them at 100% all the time. They have pretty good CFM's and cooling is pretty stellar on my custom case with 4 of them.

They'll be a bit more, but look at the Noctua redux NF-P14s 1500 PWM.

Ok looks like i will go for 3 140mms to add to my set-up!
What do you guys think of fan controls? Is it worth me getting one for the front? And if so can you recommend any?

Ok looks like i will go for 3 140mms to add to my set-up!
What do you guys think of fan controls? Is it worth me getting one for the front? And if so can you recommend any?

If you want to control the fans I would just use PWM control.
You don't have a ton of fans to really necessitate a dedicated controller.

If you want to control the fans I would just use PWM control.
You don't have a ton of fans to really necessitate a dedicated controller.

Ok thanks, i suppose the case does have controls for the case fans so your right. I have actually ordered the components and case now.....so in a week I will actually be able to put this all together, im sure i cant **** it up too much!

Thanks again for all your help/Advice. Although I may end up back here asking for build help/overclocking advice as im a complete noob.:facepalm:

Haha yeah i agree with the tv temp solution sucking. It is 4k but still really only a very temporary solution.
You can force it to 1080p in order to get a usable framerate. 4K is nicely exactly twice the height and twice the width of 1080p, so it would scale almost flawlessly.

Back