• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally time for a new card......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rcillig

Ok, I posted 6 months ago and was told to wait and to get enough saved for a GTX1070, it took me a bit of time to get the cash but as of next Thursday payday Ill have enough for a new card. Don't have enough for a GTX 1080 so GTX 1070 is it......$425 is my budget. I run duel monitors #1 1440 for my main game monitor & #2 1080 that I watch movies, twitch, twitter, YouTube.... ect.

So there are so many 1070's I was hoping you guys could point me to the good ones or tell me what I'm looking for... what is the difference between the $360's and the $400's+. Is 1070 still the way to go?

Cant wait Iv'e had this HD 6990 for like 5 years or something like that.....

Reference blowers are the giant rectangle fan blocks which are like the stock coolers that come with cpus. They aren't optimal cooling as later models will improve with better heatpipes and fans.

So he means the cheapest one that is SC (super clocked) and isn't using a reference cooler. I hate to repeat the meme, but you should wait for vega. AMD is supposed to be having an announcement this month.

I just read that there might be news the first week of June.....ill try and hold out... i'm dying to get a new card though... cant stop looking at they on sites for sale.

Lol, it's hard not buying right away, I know all about that.
Another suggestion is try to snag one of the cheap 1080s that comes up every so often on slickdeals.net - they had a gigabyte 1080 G1 for 425 a week or so ago. It's random, but if you see a deal like that it would be worthwhile.

I sympathize a lot. By the time the card I wanted came out, I didn't have the money. When I had the money they were out of stock. I did that dance for about a month and near lost my mind. LOL

oh oh slickdeals posted a link to newegg on ebay for the same 1080 that was for $425, now at $429.... think i'm going to grab it Thursday. But why is it $499 on Newegg.com but lower on newegg via ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GIGABYTE-Ge...s=5079:6000000964&afepn=5337259887&rmvSB=true

Can't answer the why part, but I can tell you it may not be the same price thursday. Also if you check your ebay message you may get 8% ebay cash if you purchase today. If that's the case, I would buy it today if at all possible.

well I waited till today to see if something went on sale for the weekend, cant find a 1080 on sale so looks like the 1070 posted by Alaric is what I'm looking at right now. Prolly going to do a good search tonight and tomorrow before I make the final decision.

May be worth while to wait for newegg on ebay to have another sale. Seems like they've been poping up 1-2x per week. It would be a good step up from the 1070. Worth the wait I say.

I agree with ya custom90gt I'm holding for a sale till Monday then all make the decision. I got almost $500 so I just need a small sale on a decent card.

Back