• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finding Replacement Fan for Video Card Cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zzzzzzzzzz

I am looking for a replacement fan for my eVGA GeForce 6800 PCIe graphics card stock cooler. I have attached the graphics card product datasheet to this post.

I have found that many graphics card fans (often called "VGA fans") are available for purchase, especially on eBay, Amazon.com, and websites that ship products directly from China.

However, it is not clear which of all the offering is compatible with the cooler.

The cooler and fan is of the ARX Group OEM ( http://www.arx-group.com/ )

I have measured the fan dimensions, but there may be some error (the fan had been necessarily warped for removal due to tight seal with screws). The measurements are:
  • 47mm or 48mm actual fan diameter (blade to blade); possibly another about another millimeter for screw hole extending beyond blades
  • 10mm fan assembly height
  • 39mm distance between holes measured using center of holes of endpoints
  • 23mm distance from holes to center

The fan uses three, apparently equidistant, screws to secure it.

Is the fan thought to be a standard sized fan?

Many of the fan offering are for "45mm" designated fans. After taking measurements as best as could be done, it is still difficult to determine what fan to get for a replacement.

I wherefore request assistance regarding the replacement fan selection or identification.

EDIT: I have found and attached a picture of another same stock fan ( from http://www.ebay.com/itm/47mm-Fan-Fo...US_Video_Card_GPU_Cooling&hash=item19ed295372 ).

Attachments

• N383.pdf
    58.2 KB · Views: 31
  • $T2eC16d,!yEE9s5jGLD6BRvooP3MVQ~~60_12.JPG
    $T2eC16d,!yEE9s5jGLD6BRvooP3MVQ~~60_12.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Looks to me like you could order them directly from the link. Measure the fan from the outside of the housing to outside of the housing. Also measure the thickness of the housing, then go to their website. All the DC Fans are listed by dimension. Be sure to get the right voltage fan. The 3 mounting holes are the only catch. You could call them.

I just emailed them because they have some fans I would be interested in purchasing. I will keep you posted when they get back to me. I think it is the business day over there.

Last edited by a moderator:
For a card that old, you might as well just replace it with a new one or just rig a fan onto the heatsink.

Various vendor seem to list various fan sizes for the same model fan. Typically for the fan I am looking for, the nominal length or width dimension is given as some value from 45mm to 50mm.

I have decided to try an Everflow T125010SH fan with an EBR bearing.

The Everflow T125010SH is specified as a 50mm x 50mm x 10mm on its specifications sheet, but, according to vendors' measurements, it is 47mm wide with 39mm hole distance.

See http://www.componentsbureau.com/site/media/files/everflow/50x50/50x50x10_mm_series.pdf for datasheet.

Back