• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help choosing video card (RTX series) for mini itx build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beyondinfinity

Registered
Hi, I'm having trouble picking out a video card for my build (mini itx in NCase M1)

I'm not gaming, just doing some machine learning at home. But I don't want to spend a crazy amount of money on a video card. I settled on RTX series because of the Tensor cores, and the lowest one in the series (2060).

I want quiet fans, and a card where fans don't spin at all when no load.

I was looking at something like Asus Dual RTX 2060 6GB (DUAL-RTX2060-O6G).

Any other suggestions in that price range maybe even with a bit more memory (8GB)?

Good low noise fans are essential :)

Other options by Asus
- ASUS GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8G EVO GDDR6 Dual-Fan Edition VR Ready HDMI DisplayPort DVI-D Graphics Card (DUAL-RTX2060S-8G-EVO)
- ASUS GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER Overclocked 8G EVO GDDR6 Dual-Fan Edition VR Ready HDMI DisplayPort DVI Graphics Card (DUAL-RTX2060S-O8G-EVO)

NOTE: due to size limitations of the case I chose, I'd prefer not to get the Asus ROG Strix series (Supposed to be very quiet) as I think they are a bit too long and will barely fit. So the next best was the Dual fan series.

Last edited:
What software are you using for machine learning? Are you sure that your use case can leverage Tensor cores? If you are merely getting started, then the 2060/Super offers the best bang for your buck. Note that the 8Gb VRAM can be a limitation if you are doing advanced stuff.

as I think they are a bit too long
helps to know. :)

Confirm the space you have... I think its 317mm long. I also think the website has a GPU compatibility list. Check that list and get the most powerful card you want to pay for. :)

What software are you using for machine learning? Are you sure that your use case can leverage Tensor cores? If you are merely getting started, then the 2060/Super offers the best bang for your buck. Note that the 8Gb VRAM can be a limitation if you are doing advanced stuff.
Tensorflow and pytorch, I know Tensorflow can be set up to use tensor cores, I think pytorch can as well.

So do you mean this one (non OC version)?

ASUS GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8G EVO GDDR6 Dual-Fan Edition

That would work, but is it too "thick" for your case?

omg, its too thick :(
so sad

I think the space available for thickness is 60mm in total, If I use all that up I wont have space to put any fans at the bottom of the case. Otherwise if I went with this card (2.7 slot) I wouldn't be able to put any fans at the bottom.

Last edited:
Back