• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fire and AS 5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah, i was thinking a drop of glue. and i wouldt do it with a nice fan, i'd use one of the many crap fans i have laying around. just wondering if it would help it settle.

Re: Re: Fire and AS 5

Silversinksam said:

PS it will take up to 200 hours and several thermal cycles for Arctic Silver 5 to settle, its not 200 Thermal cycles ;)

What is a thermal cycle?

DoubleJ8 said:
Since AS 5 takes up to 200 thermal cycles to be fully functional, would it be possible to, put some onto the heatsink, rub it in as best you can with your finger inside a plastic bag, then, hold a few inches above a candle or lighter for a bit?

Just a thought. What do you guys think?

The carbon and smoke deposits from the flame with damage the heatsink, or make it a pain in the *** to clean off. Not to mention it won't work.

actually this brings up an interesting question ( i know its off-topic sorry)
has anyone ever used hotglue as a tim?
might work similar to those wax thermal pads, but if you put it on the chip liquid then quickly squished the heatsink onto it, it might not be a very thick layer, could work fairly well, you never know

and it would melt/burn when you run an app...fun! how hot do hot glue sticks melt at? they arent that hot...

creepy said:

:laugh: is 5min or so max prolly of smoke really gonna make that much of a difference

Trust me, it does, I made the mistake of putting a knife over a candle flame for a couple of minutes--almost ruined the blade :eek:

Back