• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Build and lots of help needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i dont know where everyone went but i have been looking around all night and i am not sure if i should stick with the asus p6x58d premium or switch to the EVGA E760 CLASSIFIED
opinons?
(everyone COME BACK)

Its just as you said, opinions. Some like EVGA some like ASUS. I personally am an ASUS fan but there is nothing wrong with EVGA, and they have lifetime warranties on a lot of their stuff.

sorry, i was out of town for 2 days. But, your urgency does show that I need to remind you to SLOW DOWN AND READ. READ, READ, READ, READ, READDDDDDDDDD!!! ok, now that that's out of the way, on to your questions

Well the only part of my build that im missing now is my pump and then the SLI stuff for my card so if someone could help me with that, that would be great

what do you mean by sli stuff?

decided to go with ultra kuze 3000 rpm fans even though im a bit upset about the no LED going to switch tubing to 1/2 ID 3/4 OD since it will give me better flow and the fittings will be easier to find

have you listened to the UK's? They're in martin's roundup. Personally, I couldn't stand the sound, but if you're good, then go for it, but I urge you to just take 30 mins and listen through a bunch of those.

does anyone know if the p6T blocks will work on the D version of the mobo im using?

Sorry can't help you...as remiss as I am to say this, you might want to make a post just for that and see if you can catch someone who knows (keep everything else in this one though, good job keeping it all in one place, keeps the forum organized)

also for the board fittings if i were to buy a full board from EK would i also need to buy mosfets and NB/SB or would the full board do the trick?

Full cover will do it, but START READING, this is a novice question and if you'd been looking at reviews and reading watercooling basics, you'd know this.

https://www.sabrepc.com/p-289-evga-...hydro-copper-ftw-15gb-pci-express-20-x16.aspx
should i get one with a block already on it just to avoid the possibility of breaking it while installing the waterblock and having a broken card without a warrenty?

You could, the price is right. I should warn you, skinnee has released his flow rate chart for the gtx480 blocks and the swiftech had the highest restriction, the plus side of the FTW edition is that it binned, so you get a gpu with good oc potential (theoretically), but so is the superclocked edition which you can put a waterblock on...not sure if the ftw is binned higher than the superclocked edition though...you'd need a good bit of pumping power to run 2 of them and a cpu in the same loop...food for though

also for the rads i picked can i use fans that are 120x25 or do they need to be 120x38

either, you just needa get the right bolts from home depot.

i dont know where everyone went but i have been looking around all night and i am not sure if i should stick with the asus p6x58d premium or switch to the EVGA E760 CLASSIFIED
opinons?
(everyone COME BACK)

eVGA makes some nice boards, that said, it doesn't list how it runs sli, which is to say, whether or not you get full 16x on 2 or 3 channels.

Take your time. Most of these questions you should be able to figure out.

I'd say +1, but that would be an understatement. We're here to help you out, but that doesn't mean we're gonna do it all for you...so i think i speak for all of us when i say +300 or so for all the active members of this forum.

Well the only part of my build that im missing now is my pump and then the SLI stuff for my card so if someone could help me with that, that would be great
decided to go with ultra kuze 3000 rpm fans even though im a bit upset about the no LED going to switch tubing to 1/2 ID 3/4 OD since it will give me better flow and the fittings will be easier to find
does anyone know if the p6T blocks will work on the D version of the mobo im using?
thank you

SLI/xfire stuff comes with the cards or the MB.

thanks for getting back to me and i am kinda novice but i really wanna get this build on the way
1) by sli stuff i mean watercooling supplies for an sli setup
2) it wont be in the same loop as my cpu the two cards will be in their own loop but the question is, is it worth the lower end waterblock for the warenty in case i get a faulty card then hook up the block and then a week later it doesnt work and im out 500 dollars?
3) does anyone know about pumps?
4) How do i mount a pump or a pump mount inside of my case?

thanks for getting back to me and i am kinda novice but i really wanna get this build on the way
1) by sli stuff i mean watercooling supplies for an sli setup

SLI connector for watercooling blocks is what you need, performance pc's should have them in misc connectors

2) it wont be in the same loop as my cpu the two cards will be in their own loop but the question is, is it worth the lower end waterblock for the warenty in case i get a faulty card then hook up the block and then a week later it doesnt work and im out 500 dollars?

evga's good about warranties, I'm not sure quite how good, but better than anyone else but BFG (who isn't making the gtx480:rain:)

3) does anyone know about pumps?

whadda ya wanna know?

4) How do i mount a pump or a pump mount inside of my case?

bolts through the bottom or you can use a more temporary mounting solution...there's documentation with the pump. You have to mount it upright so the ceramic bearing is constantly lubricated. If you want more specifics, just google "mounting" and then your pump model (ie:mcp655)

so i think this is the pump i will be using so i will need two because im doing two loops
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9..._18_Watt_Version_32.html?tl=g30c107s155#blank
issue is the inlet is 1/2 and the outlet is 3/8 so how would i hook up 1/2 compression fittings onto it?
gracias

It's 3/8 on both.

You have to buy an aftermarket top for the pump for any fitting besides the plastic ones on the pump. It's in the guides and at Martins/Skinnees and used in tons of builds here. Guess you missed it???

sorry I didnt miss it I was just unsure if you were able to take off the barbs of that pump
do you guys have any suggestions for aftermarket tops for my pump?
sli connectors anyone?
also when you said
same pump, cheaper price, martin says so. Alternatively, for the same price you can go with a DDC 3.25 for the same price, which admittedly isn't that much better, but for the same price, why not.
whats the difference between the two pumps and whats the difference between 12 and 18 watt pumps
thanks for all your help guys:sn:

I think you needa take some time and read, because I can sit here all day and answer your questions, but when it comes time to build, and you don't understand how something works, and you mess it up, I don't want any sort of responsibility for it. I'll be back to this thread at the beginning of next month, read a bunch, browse product catalogues, compare performance, and then if you still have questions after 2 weeks of that, I'll answer some more.

http://www.xspc.biz/ddcres.php
resovior combined with pump top a good idea?

As good as any, I suppose. I use a different XSPC res myself and have no problems, although I have heard of others having trouble with leaks. YMMV.

The main thing you are after is a reservoir that will fit conveniently into your case. I have seen people mount cylinders on the back of their case, using an external bracket. (Koolance sells this type of res.)

I use a reservoir made to fit in 2 5.25" bays. It is very convenient to install, but the fill ports are on the top and I can't easily get to them, because the optical drive gets in the way. (I remove the optical drive during loop draining/filling.)

For those reservoirs that double as pump tops, some get you better pump performance than others. If you are running multiple blocks, or using angle fittings to work around tight spaces, this may be a concern. You need to read up about pump head and flow rates.

yea i read a review and the charts say its pretty cool i may just go with a solid metal pump top and have the res in one of the bays because i like the look of lots of colored tubes :)
so I am pretty sure i got everything except for
1) Will the P6T blocks work on my P6D premium?
2) Still dont understand how the sli connectors connect (face palm)
3) How do cable sleves work i have never really cared about cable managment so if someone has a link to a fourm post or suggestions that would be super helpful
4) How many watts do the ultra kaze 3000 rpm fans use

3) How do cable sleves work i have never really cared about cable managment so if someone has a link to a fourm post or suggestions that would be super helpful

You cover each cable(or a bundle of cables) with a sleeve and heat shrink them in place on either end. The individual cable method looks great when done, but takes a lot of time to do correctly. Its not hard, just time consuming...Biggest thing is take your time to make sure you dont cut the sleeve too short...measure twice cut once. You can always cut more off.

Back