• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First build...At a loss for solutions...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cluttered

Hi guys...First post here. I started following the forums soon after I decided to build my own computer. I didn't really have any issues building the computer but now I'm having serious issues once running it and I'm really hoping I can get some help here.

Here are various BSOD's and other things that have happened:

1. STOP 0x0000001E
2. BAD POOL CALL
3. STOP 0x0000007E
4. PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA
5. IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL - Tech info on this has varied with 0x00000050, 0x000000D1, wdf01000.sys and atikmdag.sys.
6. Jagged lines across the entire screen with a freeze.
7. I DL'd AIDA64 and running the stability test caused a crash and I think made a clicking sound happen once inside the case.
8. Possibly the weirdest is that each time (twice) I've used the back button on AIDA, it's frozen my screen.

So....As you can see, I'm feeling rather blue. When I first put the computer together I had a LAN issue which seemed to resolve itself through rolling back drivers. After that I've alternatively had periods where it's fine and then continuous problems. Yesterday, after having a couple BSOD's early in the morning, I got the system to run the entire day, till around 1:30am without a single problem while I DL'd the Rift patch. Just this morning I was playing Rift for about 3 hours without a single problem. Then I had some issue and that caused me to run Windows Memory Diagnostic (which reported no errors) and to then DL AIDA64, which seems to have sent my system into mayhem.

At this point I'm just praying it's not a mobo failure. I'm open to any suggestions you guys may have and I really appreciate the continous help and education that the enthusiasts provide on this site....There's no way I would have even gotten this far without the information provided on this site.

EDIT: Just had another headache inducing screen. Had to boot and a screen came up detailing my system and saying CMOS Checksum Bad. It gives me options to enter menus but nothing happen when I press the buttons on my keyboard. Now it's just going to that screen every time I boot.

Last edited:
system build info? we usually love to see DxDiag dumps or somethin simlar if you can manage... we like to see what other people got under the hood ;)

I can't give anything right now because it keeps going back to the CMOS Checksum Bad screen upon startup and, for whatever reason, I can't key in anything with my keyboard. So, apparently this has jumped to priority #1.

Edit: After using The Google. I've now been able to enter commands on that screen using an old PS2 keyboard. At the moment my screen says "Entering Boot Menu"

Edit #2: Went into CMOS set up and restored fail-safe defaults. Windows has started. It asked if I wanted to re-start to install some updates and I declined.

Edit #3: Windows was up and running for a minute or so before jagged lines went over the screen and a BSOD with the Page Fault information came up again.

Edit #4: Just trying to give some more information here. I restarted the computer and just let it sit there for a few minutes after logging in. Everything was fine doing that, but the moment I moved the mouse I got the jagged screen/freeze/IRQL Not Less or Equal problem.

Last edited:
Let me just give a general run-down of what is inside the box:

Motherboard - MSI 890FX-GD70
CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE
Memory - 8gb (2x 4gb) of G.Skill Ripjaws Series 240-pin ddr3 sdram ddr 1333.
GPU - 2x Sapphire Radeon HD 6870
HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB
Opitcal - ASUS DVD Burner
PSU - Thermaltake Toughpower 775W
OS - Windows 7 64 Home Premium

If I'm able to safely, at least it appears that way, run the computer in safe mode, what does that mean?

Edit: I tried running a DxDiag and I received an error during the process saying that last time there was a problem with Direct Show. Not sure if that has any bearing on the system information.

Last edited:
I'm so confused. After booting to safe mode and appearing to run fine, I shut down and tried to run Windows normally. It's now booting incredibly slowly both times I've tried.

Edit: Not just booting slowly...Running incredibly slowly.

Last edited:
Thanks, Conumdrum. Right before you posted I actually did just that. When I rebooted it was still running very slowly. I tried shutting down and it started updating my computer with 16 updates. Not sure what they are but at least the loading cursor isn't stuttering like it was when booting and running the system. Going to try re-starting again once it shuts down, obviously.

Back