• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First build need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackiscorpio

Hi everyone!!! :)

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a build. I have never made/assembled a pc before. I've been spending some time on this forum as well as some other sites. But I really need some advice before finalizing my components. I would really appreciate a recommended build. If possible, if you could also explain why you've recommended the parts that you've chosen, that would also be appreciated as I wish to learn from this experience as well.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.6 GHz
Motherboard: Asus m5a97 R2.0 USB3.0
RAM: G.Skill Sniper 4 GB x 1 1600
Graphic Card: Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD 7750 1 GB DDR 5
Power Supply: Seasonic S12II-520 520 Watts PSU
Cabinet: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus
HDD: WD Caviar Blue 500 GB HDD

I a novice at this. I dont need a monitor keyboard or OS for now. Is this system compatible and ready to build. any suggestion please.

Hi and :welcome: to the forums.

Your parts seem to be quite ok.
Only thing I would change is the motherboard. Why do I say this? The VRM's on 970 chipset boards are generally ****ty and will have a bad time feeding a FX processor the power it needs. I would change to something like a M5A99X-Evo R2 for the maybe 10 bucks extra. It would be a great difference.

Also I noticed you only took 1 stick of RAM. I would suggest getting another 4GB
because Dual Channel reasons.(RAM is cheap)

And maybe look into another video card but that depends on your needs.

Welcome to the forum blackiscorpio
From what I can see they both have the same 6++2 power so the board is ok.
I'd go with this case instead . Also bump up the ram to 1866 dual channel and get a decent aftermarket cooler for the cpu something like this

Hey, welcome to OCF! :beer:

When trying to recommend a build to you, there's some information that's extremely helpful for us to know. If you could answer these few short questions, we'd be happy to help!

• What are you planning to do with this computer? Please be as specific as possible.
  • What is your budget (in your own currency)?
    1. Does this include a copy of Windows?
    2. Does this include peripherals (a keyboard, monitor, mouse, speakers, etc.)?
  • Are you from the United States or a different country? Are you ordering from your own country or from across borders?
    1. Wherever you may be from, does the store that you are planning to order from have a website? It's okay if it isn't in English, we can manage.
    2. If you are from the United States, do you live nearby a Microcenter?

Once again, thank you in advance for taking the time to answer these, and I hope you enjoy your stay at OCF! :)

Hi and :welcome: to the forums.

Your parts seem to be quite ok.
Only thing I would change is the motherboard. Why do I say this? The VRM's on 970 chipset boards are generally ****ty and will have a bad time feeding a FX processor the power it needs. I would change to something like a M5A99X-Evo R2 for the maybe 10 bucks extra. It would be a great difference.

Also I noticed you only took 1 stick of RAM. I would suggest getting another 4GB
because Dual Channel reasons.(RAM is cheap)

And maybe look into another video card but that depends on your needs.

Thanks for the help.... about the ram... yeah i would make it 2x4 GB instead of one.... regarding the video card... should i go for HD 7770 instead of HD 7750... are 970 chipsets that bad... actually my budget is only of $ 550...

Welcome to the forum blackiscorpio
From what I can see they both have the same 6++2 power so the board is ok.
I'd go with this case instead . Also bump up the ram to 1866 dual channel and get a decent aftermarket cooler for the cpu something like this

thanks.... that means if i can't extend the budget this mobo will do fine if not great.... the CM case looks good...

just some clarifications.... are G.Skill ares series better than sniper...

and if i don't go for overclocking... is aftermarket cooler really necessary....

Hey, welcome to OCF! :beer:

When trying to recommend a build to you, there's some information that's extremely helpful for us to know. If you could answer these few short questions, we'd be happy to help!

• What are you planning to do with this computer? Please be as specific as possible.
  • What is your budget (in your own currency)?
    1. Does this include a copy of Windows?
    2. Does this include peripherals (a keyboard, monitor, mouse, speakers, etc.)?
  • Are you from the United States or a different country? Are you ordering from your own country or from across borders?
    1. Wherever you may be from, does the store that you are planning to order from have a website? It's okay if it isn't in English, we can manage.
    2. If you are from the United States, do you live nearby a Microcenter?

Once again, thank you in advance for taking the time to answer these, and I hope you enjoy your stay at OCF! :)

sry for tht.... i am new to this forum... basically i plan to play mild games like WoW or diablo 3.... along with multi tasking like 20 tabs opened and some little photo editing... i won't mind playing games in mid-res...

my budget would be $ 550.... i don't live in US.... and i would be buying my parts from retail shops not online... i am from India and in my currency $ 550 would be roughly Rs 35000. ( 1 usd = 62 inr roughly)

i have a windows and peripherals like keyboard mouse speakers monitor....

I have tried an fx processor on my m5a97 r2.0 and it was as close to a disaster as i have ever seen and that was just a 4 core 4170 the m5a99x I might try but the m5a97 is a phenom board at the best.

I just caught, your in India, it gets real hot there so cooling might become an issue.
the m5a97 board a 965 cpu and a good sized all in one water cooler might be your choice.
A corsair h80 or h100 or kuhler 920 paired with a good video card might be my choice.

Back