• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xIHexIx

Registered
Put my first build together today. Only thing I'm missing is my CPU and my Graphics card, both of which will be here Monday. This isn't really a build-log, so I figured it would be fine to post it here.

Specs:
Case: NZXT Phantom White with Red Trim
Mobo: Asus Maximus V Extreme
CPU: i7-3770k
GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW 4gb
Ram: 4x4GB Patriot Viper 3 1600hz
HDD: 1TB Western Digital Black
SSD: 128gb OCZ Vector
PSU: Corsair HX1050

Also in there is a standard Asus Optical Drive and a Multi-card reader that will probably come out eventually.

This wasn't my intended build, I intended to do a Corsair 900D with SLI graphics, but since the 900D date has been pushed back, I got this case and only got one gpu for now. Once 900D comes out, my little bro will buy this case off me, I'll switch over, and I plan to full water cool as well.

I think the hardest part of the whole thing is the cable management in the back, which I'm scared to take off right now lol...

Anyway, have pics, excuse the ****ty camera, I don't use a camera enough to warrant a better one.:

These were given as Chirstmas gifts:
Picture01_zps0a00e87b.jpg

Some Motherboard shots:
Picture02_zps232a0700.jpg
Picture03_zpsff131d99.jpg
Picture06_zpsa14649c8.jpg

PSU Shots:
Picture15_zpsba4b1fca.jpg
Picture17_zpsca78e6a2.jpg
Picture18_zpsc5e3d98b.jpg
Picture19_zps3c7fe812.jpg

Some close-up Motherboard shots:
GEDC0006_zpsc6c6b026.jpg
GEDC0004_zps08bb5753.jpg
GEDC0007_zpsd3c22bf7.jpg

Here's the finished shot:
GEDC0008_zps07fac30f.jpg

Here's the upper left corner where the 4 and 8 pin Mobo power cords were ran:
GEDC0012_zps863f0cea.jpg

And here it our puppy we got a few weeks ago that is here for the lulz:
GEDC0002_zps7cf1fd54.jpg

I don't really like the mess down in front of the PSU, but I barely got the back side on as it was, I couldn't run any more cables back there. I'll post another pic or two when my cpu, cooler, and gpu get put in, and then I'll probably update this when I switch stuff out.

Last edited:
You should use the in forum attachment tool to upload the photo's/ That way they don't eventually become dead links. Here is how.

Attachments

• insert image.PNG
    insert image.PNG
    68.9 KB · Views: 92
I still have photobucket links from 7-8 years ago that still work perfectly fine... but I'll change it in just a few minutes.

I still have photobucket links from 7-8 years ago that still work perfectly fine... but I'll change it in just a few minutes.
Understood, but in eventually they may not be there. It is also for us lazy people who don't want to click on each of the individual links. :thup:

Very nice build man, I hope you post pics of your 900d, I want to see that monstar =P

Links updated for you lazy people :p.

Culbrelai, I'm sure there will be plenty of pics of that case, seems like a loooot of people want that case.

are you suggesting he not post pictures of his components, in the thread he created for his build, because we have seen pictures of computer components before? Isn't that statement a little discouraging for newer members of the forum? I mean I am sure he is excited about his build, especially since it is his first build.

I personally like seeing new components...

I guess I'm just more of a nurd than Comnumumubmumbumdrum

I like seeing all the components also, don't ruin a good thing he has going on.

Post some pictures of the final build also.:)

The pic of a PSU box, empty mobo and loads of PSU connectors...... We seen it many times.

Final build pics will be fine.

I'd much rather look at a build that has pictures of individual components than a build where somebody piled all their boxes into a mountain and took one photo of them. Hence why I have individually pictured components, because that is what I like, and apparently I am not the only one.

I will be posting the final step of this stage of the build probably Monday or Tuesday afternoon, along with an accompanying picture of the cpu and gpu in their boxes. The full thing won't be done for quite some time, and I don't know if I'll update this much in between unless it's things like ratings or troubleshooting problems.

Sure. It's posted all the time. We see boxes stacked all the time. Woohoo. I even have done it years ago. Glad your excited.

If you seen one Mobo with poor focus x 3 times and a PSU box and a bunch of cables, and still get happy, so be it.

This is final pics. This is what matters.

A short magic statement what I got and pics. A PSU box? Anyone can take a pic of a PSU box.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=601925

are you suggesting he not post pictures of his components, in the thread he created for his build, because we have seen pictures of computer components before? Isn't that statement a little discouraging for newer members of the forum? I mean I am sure he is excited about his build, especially since it is his first build.

YES.

Done right.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=601925

Not a word on the build, comments, fans, paste application, issues from the build just pics.

Helps no one, and it took the OP time to upload the pics for what?

No mention of temps etc.

Like watching the TV at primetime.

Back