• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The OP posted it because he is excited, he isn't asking you questions about his build that you can't answer due to lack of info he is posting stuff he is excited about. Your lack of interest in the MOBO and PSU mean you should just click on a different thread instead of dumping all over his. I am sure once the build is complete, which it isn't yet, the OP will post up finished pictures as well as screen shots.

Not a word on the build, comments, fans, paste application, issues from the build just pics.

Helps no one, and it took the OP time to upload the pics for what?

No mention of temps etc.

Like watching the TV at primetime.

I've read a lot of your various posts Conumdrum, I know that you know your stuff and I respect that. But I don't need you in my thread, degrading the pictures in my thread, and telling me how I should take pictures of my build. I would understand if I was asking for criticism on my photography skills, but I'm not, and most people that have posted before you seem to like the way it's been done so far. Thank you for the input. I will say the the first post is longer than I intended it to be, but that is because the community requested attached photos and not links. In full view like that, there are probably things that I could leave out.

For everybody else: When the build is actually a final build, I will post up finished pictures and talk about temperatures and paste application, as well as any problems I had getting it setup. Since the CPU won't be here until Monday, it's kind of hard to do that right now.

CPU, Cooler Master 212 Evo installed, and GTX 670 ftw+ all installed earlier today. Did some more wire management too. Only 3 pictures this go around.

Here is a shot of the back panel off after the new cable management:
GEDC0015_zps40f8daa8.jpg

GPU and CPU:
GEDC0017_zpsdc68853d.jpg

Inside after install:
GEDC0021_zps85a2e13c.jpg

The back panel now closes without a problem instead of having to be pushed down. This case doesn't have very much space to work with back there. My only complaint with the front is that thick cable running to the PCI slot. That's connected to an SD card/USB 3.0 Expansion Hub in the front, but it doesn't appear to have any activity even though it's plugged in and has power.

A few minor installation problems today:
First was the 212 Evo. I installed the heatsink, tried to get the fan snapped on but the ram was in the way, so I had to pop all 4 modules out and install the fan, then put them back in. Not much of a problem there really. Used a pea size drop in the middle on the cpu, seems to be working well.

Second was once I booted it up, I was getting a CPU fan error (Which wasn't actually the problem). So I was checking fan connections and speeds and everything seemed okay, but then I saw the A2 motherboard error for (IDE detect). After switching positions of my HDD/SDD SATA cables it started fine.

Only other problem was that the motherboard didn't have wifi drivers to start, so I had to use a flash drive to install those drivers so I could get everything else installed. I'll be getting a hardwire ran to my desk area soon though.

I ran an 8 thread Prime95 test for about 2 hours with the max temp being 69C, and I'm about to start a 3D Mark 11 test to check GPU temps and performance.

Should I run Prime95 for longer, or should that be enough to give me accurate temperatures?

I see the rebel in the second pic. Much better, just one. Nice rig, what's up with the cable across the front? Can't you slide that under the mobo to where it needs to go? Or a planned rewiring?

I have done that many times. Not perfect. OMG, I have to remove the mobo and spend 2 hours to make it right. What fun!

No worries, but build threads here need to be fixed. I'm working on it.

I see the rebel in the second pic. Much better, just one. Nice rig, what's up with the cable across the front? Can't you slide that under the mobo to where it needs to go? Or a planned rewiring?

I have done that many times. Not perfect. OMG, I have to remove the mobo and spend 2 hours to make it right. What fun!

No worries, but build threads here need to be fixed. I'm working on it.

The cable is slightly too thick to run under the motherboard without flexing the board, I tried. I'm thinking about just pulling it out all together, because while it gets power and has drivers, it doesn't detect any device or card plugged into it, no activity at all.

It definitely wouldn't be there right now in this state if I had a window, but since my side is just solid still, I haven't moved it yet. Once I get all my software stuff set up, I'll go back in and work on that.

Thanks for the compliments so far everybody.

Back