• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First custom loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Richo999

Need some advice on 1 of my 2 custom loop projects I am planning on. First off is a retro rig I intend to and if this is succesfull I will use that gained experience to do the same to my main rig.
So I want to start out with my retro rig which is a Athlon XP build in a Chieftec Dragon case with 1 120 mm exhaust and 2x 80mm intake which require a mounting bracket which I only have 1 off (I already removed 1 3.5 bay for preperation of the case). This means I am pretty limited for space when placing my pump/resevoir (which I prefer to be lowest part of the loop for maintenance, since I don't use the system on a daily basis it will require more draining). The loop will be cooling 3 parts:
- CPU (Barton 3200+ 77W TDP)
- GPU (9800 XT 60W TDP)
- NB (nForce2 30ishW TDP)
which sums up to a total of 167W, now my question is if 1 120mm rad is able to keep these at decent temperatures under load (40 ish), if so what radiator would be adviced for this setup?
In the worse case scenario I would probably need to get my dremel out and mod a 240 rad on the top(260x200x40 of space above the PSU) or a second 120mm on the intake with dust filters.

IMG_20171022_014613.jpg

Back