• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First DICE Session...Advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I ran out of time to do all the benches. It also did not help that I was being a major noob. It took me a while to get a lite OS installed then I was getting owned my flash drive. Next time I will do much better because I will have more of a clue as to what the heck I am doing lol.

A couple tips:

Always pre-test your chips. See what they are capable of on air before going cold (made that mistake my first time going cold).

Have an OS ready to go with the drivers and benchmarks in place so all you have to do is boot and start.

Ideally, a couple OS's.

I try to have at least XP+Vista ready. Win7 generally too.

DICE session #2 will commence in approximately 7 hours...Gonna be fun.

What chip will you have? E6400? You can't get the E6600 yet can you?

I can bring E8700 and P4 631. Not many points, but could be fun.

If we go to my parents house we can exchange the E6400 for the E6600, but I don't plan on doing that this weekend. Will get the exchange E6600 once I have fully benched the E7200 I'm waiting to get. All I have is the E2200 and E6400 at my apt.

E6400 is what you should work on then, more points with that one than the E2200/E8700/P4 631.

Have you run your 10 benches yet?

No been putting off running the 10 benches...I guess my logic is that I will do them all this weekend lol.

Back