• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First H20 setup FILL HELP!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XiveX

OK guys, I have read several articles and listened to people's advice on bleeding an inline system for a few weeks now. Just last night was cutting my case up and installing my first H20 setup (Maze 3, Eheim 1250, 1/2" Tygon R-3603 Tubing, Black Ice Extreme rev.2 coolmetal blue, and two Panaflo 120mm High output fans in push/pull config on rad). I put the block and pump in a bucket full of 2 gallons of distilled H20 and proper amounts of water wetter. After priming the pump, I began (while holding the open tubes underwater the ENTIRE time) to fill the system. I did this for about 20 minutes alternating pump off/pump on, and shaking radiator, pump, and block while thumping the tubing very frequently. It had no bubbles in it. I sealed it while under the water and removed it from the bucket and placed it on my table.

The pump was still on...still no bubbles at all..perfect. Now I turn the pump off, dry everything off gently by dabbing it with a towel, and turn pump back on. As SOON AS I TURN THE PUMP BACK ON, bam mad bubbles everywhere. Gurgly noise and tons of streaming bubbles all thru the tubes.

I have done this 3x now and get the same result EVERYTIME. The system is perfect until I stop the pump and restart it after I've removed it from the water (I did seal it underwater before removing it.). What does this mean? Should I ignore it? Is it not bled properly? Will all those bubbles eventually gather in my "T-Line" and go away? Is there something I'm not doing right? Please help!! I'd really like to put it all together tonight or tomorrow....

Thanks,

XiveX

Don't give up, someone will come along and help (and then I'll know for future reference too!)

you know i had the same problem i came up with an idea to take care of that as i use a resivior i dont have the same problem but listen to my idea it could work...

what i had thought to do is get a t valve that has a large enough opening to fit a soda bottle or similar onto it and raise it to the highest point then run the pump with the bottle half filled with watter any bubbles should float up into the bottle and the water will be replaced.

Stupid POS Home Depot. I put the original pump adapter back on after taking the 90 degree elbow adapter off, and it works perfect now. :( Now I have to cut a bigger piece of tube for that spot since I don't have the right angle and then re-fill it all tomorrow...grrr this stuff is a PITA to setup...LOL!

XiveX

Here's a pic BTW -- :D

FilledSystem_Small.jpg

Note -- the 90 degree elbow adapter has been removed and the front is now on the pump..hehehe..

A perfectly sized 1/2" male barbed pipe adapter (90 degree elbow) complete with fitted O-ring leaking. Or rather, sucking air in....thats where the complaint comes into play. And yes it was tight. I have probably filled the system half a dozen times now. 5 of those times were with the 90 degree elbow on...and NONE worked without massive air coming in. ONE SOLE time with original Eheim adapter, and it worked perfect.

Draw your own conclusion there.

Bummer. Was it a screw type of attachment? If so, did you try using that white tape stuff made for sealing plumbing/piping? I can post a pic if you dont know what im talking about.

Yes, it had threads on the part that screwed into the Pump itself. I am going to skip using it. I don't REALLY need it. Just the angle that the tube (WB exit --> Eheim Suction end) was on made it easier to use a 90 degree elbow than the standard Eheim adapter. I can skip it though.

ok one word RESIVIOR it will solve your problem another thing that will help is GOOP or lots of TEFLON tape if you want to use that 90 angle

Back