• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First hard tubing build - Advice requested

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rick5

I'm building an acrylic tube setup with bitspower 16od acrylic tubing and bitspower fittings. The initial fitting I chose was the BP-MBWP-C89. This appears to be a one piece fitting...i.e....it doesn't unscrew. Is this meant to have the tubing end press fit into it? If so, what is the best method for doing this so the tube enters straight and doesn't damage any o-rings? Or am I just using the wrong fitting? Any advice and instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
R

Its two pieces. Look at the second picture here. You can see the threads for the tubing side. The "adapter" fittings are G1/4 on one side (to attack to blocks, rads, res, etc) and compression on the other. The knurled part unscrews and slides over the tubing, then a threaded part is exposed from the fitting. The tube is placed inside the fitting and then the knurled outer part is screwed down. They've just eliminated any knurled part on the G1/4 side of the fitting, which is probably fine since it doesn't have to be *that* tight and will also be tightened when the tube side is tightened.

You should also look into getting some extra fittings, 90 and 45 degree, and even some dual rotary 90s. You can get these to just be a G1/4 fitting male on one side and female on the other, so that you can use in future builds and have more options. If this is your first build, you will probably encounter something that you can't quite bend right etc. and these will save you. It might seem excessive to have $50 in "extra" fittings, but it could safe you a headache later.

Thanks for your help...I've tried very hard to unscrew this but have yet to have any luck...I'll keep trying!

Thanks again

R

Hrm, sorry I don't have hands on experience with the part, but check out this video

Thanks everyone...I did get the official word from Bitspower Customer Service

Hello Rick,

Have a nice day!
BP-MBWP-C89 is one piece fitting.
It has the acrylic tube press fit from the front.

image001.png

Best regards!

Lily Wong

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

It's a very good vid....thanks very much for taking the time to post it

R.

Good to know, sorry I lead you astray. Good luck with your build!

Edit: looks like the "Enhanced Multi-Link" is the two piece compression fitting while the "Multi-Link" is the single piece press fit.

Last edited:
Back