• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

first pc build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The 960 is absolute garbage for 220$. Not trying to be contentious, it's just a terrible card in terms of price/performance ratio.

Ya but at least it's DX12 compatible and uses low power. It is garbage for $220, I agree, and the R9 290 is a better buy, but you will be forever stuck in DX11 land with that card and it'll heat your room up like a sauna.

6300 supports 1866. ~2100 might be a stretch but 2400 is simply over the top.

270x smokes the 750 ti for the same cost now. Not sure where the confusion is here.

The 960 is overpriced garbage.

It's 2133 RAM, I fail to see how that's too much for FX.

Ya but at least it's DX12 compatible and uses low power. It is garbage for $220, I agree, and the R9 290 is a better buy, but you will be forever stuck in DX11 land with that card and it'll heat your room up like a sauna.
Dramatic as usual. The 960 is a waste of money. Dx12 isn't even out yet.

I agree ATM, that's a really good price for really good memory. Plus, I bet with some tweaking that kit could run 1866 with really good timings. Then, should the OP decide to upgrade later on, that kit will transfer over to Intel quite well.

I agree ATM, that's a really good price for really good memory. Plus, I bet with some tweaking that kit could run 1866 with really good timings. Then, should the OP decide to upgrade later on, that kit will transfer over to Intel quite well.

:thup:

Just because it's rated at 2133 doesn't mean it needs to be run that high.
And as you said, it'll transfer over to other platforms well, if there's an upgrade later.

Back