• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First time building my own loop.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tachikaze

As the title suggesta, can I get a recommendation or advise on what brands and builds to use for my first water cooling build. Either Rigid or Flex.

Here are the parts I will be using for my new unit.

Case: Corsair Obsidian 900D
Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus IX Extreme
GPU: Asus ROG Poseidon 1080Ti
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32gb OR Corsair Dominator Platinum 32gb

If you have recommendations for RAM Brand w/ RAM Water block then feel free to include them.

Thank you!

As the title suggesta, can I get a recommendation or advise on what brands and builds to use for my first water cooling build. Either Rigid or Flex.

Here are the parts I will be using for my new unit.

Case: Corsair Obsidian 900D
Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus IX Extreme
GPU: Asus ROG Poseidon 1080Ti
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32gb OR Corsair Dominator Platinum 32gb

If you have recommendations for RAM Brand w/ RAM Water block then feel free to include them.

Thank you!
id use flex if this is your first build. Hard tubeis a bjt mkre difficult to manipulate.

I wouldnt bither cooling your ram. It doesnt remotely need it and doesnt help with overclocking.

As far as brands... thats really your choice. I like bitspower or swiftech or EK.

Have you read the guide yet?

Welcome!

Welcome aboard Tachikaze!

I agree with Earthdog on the flex tubing. Go with the Primochill Advanced LRT as it has no plasticizers and will last a long time with out leeching into your water. For hardware I've come to prefer EK blocks with Enzotech fittings. There are other good brands too like Swiftech, XSPC, and Alphacool.

Definitely read through as many stickies as to can. With water cooling knowledge and understanding are key.

I assume since you were inquiring about RAM cooling you are also intending to water cool the GPU.

I assume since you were inquiring about RAM cooling you are also intending to water cool the GPU.

Yes I will also be water cooling my GPU. 1 loop for cpu and another for the gpu. Or is it better to keep them all in the same loop?

I wouldn't make two loops, no. No reason to honestly. Just get enough radiator for the power being used. A general rule of thumb is 120mm worth of radiator for every 100W. So you are looking at 4x120mm or so for adequte cooling and silence.

I wouldn't make two loops, no. No reason to honestly. Just get enough radiator for the power being used. A general rule of thumb is 120mm worth of radiator for every 100W. So you are looking at 4x120mm or so for adequte cooling and silence.

Okay. I will definitely have enough Rad. I might only go 2 quad rads on the top and bottom of the 900D and just regular fans in front. I am planning on changing the stock fans though. SPF for the rads and HAF for the regular once. I am planning on getting Corsairs.

Back