• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First time petg water cooling build discoloration?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shvaldecantos

Hi Im new in this forums! I just built my first water cooling build and so far it seems successful and keeps my cpu cool.. but there is some kind of discoloration on either the tubes or the liquid itself. Im not sure what it is or how to solve it so im here looking for help.. pls help ill upload photos
IMG_0069.JPG IMG_0071.JPG IMG_0068.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0070.JPG
    IMG_0070.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 331
Last edited:
Looks like the fluid is starting to break down possibly.

How long have you had this fluid in the loop and when's the last time you've done maintenance for it?

I would also recommend on doing research on color fluids to see the dark side to them. In the end, stick with clear premix fluid and colored tubing.

:welcome: to OCFs btw.

What kind of fluid is it.

As GTXJackBauer said there are issues with coloured fluid, especially if it is one of the 'aurora' style fluid that have particulate in them.

It doesnt seem like its the fluid, it looks like its the tube themselves because some parts still look like its new fluid. its only been a few days and its like this already..
and btw I used what came with the thermaltake rl360 kit.. I used Thermaltake c1000 blue coolant

idk why its doing this and how do i go about this? am i supposed to try and drain this and replace it ? i dont have a drain port

What brand of tubing did you use? Is there the potential for UV damage? Is the case facing or located at a window?

I used thermaltake pacific petg. the case is not by any windows, its against a wall in my room...

You gave no information. Just pics. No idea of what liquid, no info of how old the loop is, and your setup. You sir are like most 911 calls.

So I'd say the bass is off by 1.5 dark matter and need to add 35% more Facebook.

I se you added more to the original post. So... It isn't dark matter. But you need to start all over again. Square ONE. Clean and figure it out.

Not sure what you did/not did before the install to clean parts.

You ain't telling us something.........................................

It doesnt seem like its the fluid, it looks like its the tube themselves because some parts still look like its new fluid. its only been a few days and its like this already..
and btw I used what came with the thermaltake rl360 kit.. I used Thermaltake c1000 blue coolant

idk why its doing this and how do i go about this? am i supposed to try and drain this and replace it ? i dont have a drain port

Actually he did.

Back